Friday, March 27, 2020

Whooping Friday


That surprise shoe box of blocks made for some great block play, but time to set it aside.  I managed 64 tile blocks - as far as that linen (light) would stretch.  A few more 25 patches for a mini and I prepped parts for the floating stars.  Fabrics were pulled for a finish for the teal blocks.  I have my projects for April set up.


The Corona Village is growing - I need a better name.  I'm using a mini charm pack, so I hope this 'in-place' doesn't last past those 42 squares.  Although I have been recieving notice of cancellations for May and June. 


The reason I picked up that collection of blocks - several bobbins (and an empty spool) are ready for a weekend marathon of quilting.  I like to put on an opera and just flow with the music.  That 'to-be-quilted' pile isn't going down very fast - because I keep adding to it!  I'm so glad I got my thread order in (and received) as the day after I got notification that it shipped, I got a message that their warehouse was shutting down.  Timing is everything.
  
Our communities are trying to help kids' to cope with social distancing by having treasure hunts.  Take a walk or drive and see how many Teddy Bears you can find (homes put items in window or on doorway), or what colors you can find, and recently - how many rainbows. 

And I saw this cute thing on a learning site:

If fingers have finger tips, but toes don't have toe tips - why can you tip-toe but not tip-finger?

Keep Your Smile On
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

There must be a lot of online activities for those at home with young families, the ones that live on a farm have the open space, down here online keep fit classes twice a day start on Monday!!! Hope they have some slow gentle ones for us older folk. The Corona houses? Nifty Nineteen? I'm sure you will have lots of suggerstions.

Nancy J said...

Oops, should have checked the spelling, maybe that is a nudge for the new name!!!

loulee said...

Bear hunts are big here too.
You have lots happening as always. Love your village.
Stay safe.

KatieQ said...

I love the idea of the community scavenger hunt. The houses look so cute and colorful. Unfortunately, you may be making a lot more of them. At least, you've found a way to make lemonade out of our current sour situation. Now you've made me want to tip-finger.

Cheryll said...

Us quilters are in a unique position aren't we... always having some project to work on or finish. Social media is playing it's part in keeping us in touch too.
Stay away and stay safe...xox

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

We have a bear hunt happening in our neighbourhood too. My kids got a little bit excited and have put 4 bears in various front windows. Your little Corona Village is looking very cute.

Barbara said...

The tip-toe question is something we ask ourselves regularly. And why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway.?