Friday, March 20, 2020

Whooping Friday


My goal for 2020 was to get to a lot of those flimsies and get them quilted.  So far I have been managing four a month.  I've tried to stay away from all the NEW, but this Goats in Pajamas pattern just caught my fancy and buying a full kit that had tons of fabric along with the pattern - PLUS!


I've gone thru a lot of thread, but with these times I thought it would be a good idea to really look at my threads.  Oh, I have a lot of thread!.  I pulled some of my more specialty threads lately - something I don't use a lot - time to give them a chance to shine.  I used the Raspberry verigated on the back and the silvery verigated on the top.



The teal scraps used up in this little bag.  I used a lot of my teal/aqua up last year with a monochromatic large quilt - so at least I got one project in for the RSC20 Challenge.



We started to self quantine on the 12th so I have more houses than some.  A little house a day and using up that cute mini charm pack along with some smaller scraps.  I want this bright as we need to find some 'light' to this dark time.


This is a piece I did to express my feelings during Storm Irene.  I was in a bit of a dark place.  We've weathered other floods and even a few tornados (yes, in New York State) - I wasn't quilting then or I am sure I would have expressed myself thru them as well.


Just a close up - the empty lines ending with stars or round tiny buttons represented homes, farms, businesses, and even towns lost.

There are a number of quilt alongs, free projects, u-tube offerings, and projects galore on-line and face book and instagram - Quilters helping Quilters to get thru this together.  We've always been a driving force when a call of need goes out - now we need to support each other.  So take a look around and see what virtually is out there.  Participate, schedule, make plans - don't isolate yourself.  

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

djquilting said...

Love the goats in pajamas. I understand why you couldn't resist.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a darling goat quilt!! You've been SEW productive this week.

Nancy J said...

The goats give us all a smile, a bright spot in these worrying days. I can happily isolate and get lots of things done that have been lingering for some time.

Cheryll said...

The "goats" are wonderful...makes me smile just looking at them all.
Sewing certainly sees us through some "tuff" times...xox

Ulrikes Smaating said...

hej sharon,
what a great quilt :0) goats in pyjamas- how funny! like your work so much! greetings from denmark, Ulrike :0)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your goats. I have been picking fabrics for mine. Unfortunately I get to work, so not much sewing time.

Maria said...

Loving the Goats as well as the Houses...
Sew good to have our sewing to do to keep us busy.....

Barbara said...

The goats in pajamas are just adorable.