Friday, September 20, 2019

Sew A Jelly Roll Day


I can enjoy a day of play as I got my three commission bindings done plus finished up this simple flower garden quilt.  A great way to use up large florals.  Sashings and outer border are Essex Linen.  Just a simple meander to finish it off.


First I need to clean and oil my machine - yuck!!  First I use a Q-Tip and some tweezers, then my mini computer keyboard vacuumn.


Can you see all the cat hair?  My very sheddy red tabby just loves to rub up against the machine and the static just sucks her hair inside.  I even took the back and bottom off for a full clean out.


I was going to play with a brand new Jelly Roll, but then reality hit me.  I have so many blues that need taming.  So I am going to sort, iron, cut, and sew all day - and probably tomorrow.


This is the pattern I am going to use and you can find it free HERE.

Take time to play today,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon


6 comments:

Kate said...

Love your Flower Garden quilt. Very soft and pretty. Enjoy your scrappy jelly roll stitching today and tomorrow.

Debbie said...

The floral quilt is a beauty.....of course, you knew I would say that! Love the linen setting fabric you used. Great job.

Lyndsey said...

I love the flower garden quilt. Playing with scraps sounds fun and just what I need to do.

kiwikid said...

Your flower garden quilt is beautiful. The quilt pattern is great for using scraps, thanks for the link to the pattern.

Jannette said...

I've made this quilt once or twice - it looks wonderful and you can use just about any fabric for it!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That pattern would be great for the Rainbow Scrap challenge