Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Scrappy Wednesday


This snack barrel is stuffed full of squares from 5" - 7" square.  I use to save these for my Aunt, but she is no longer quilting.  So I need to take care of these myself.


I love the vintage Shoe Fly Block and when Bonnie Hunter announced it as her leader/ender project, I knew I had to make these.  I normally make them of equal size units, but I like the math BH had working - it gives them more character.  I have a lot of odd cut-offs of Muslin from various projects of my own as well as from others, so a nice natural mix.  And I can finally move those on!

These chain so easily thru the machine - I wonder how many I can make in a day?  I know it's a leader/ender project, but I need a no-brainer pedal to the metal type day.  Then I need to get serious about finishing up the quilting on two quilts.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

4 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Ow ooooowwww. You are twisting my arm. These are too flippin cute!!!
Love them and love a pedal to the metal project

Nancy J said...

Stunning blocks with all the pieces the same with one contrast.Love them all.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks, you sure are productive.

Carol Swift said...

Love these blocks and I totally get the need for "a no-brainer pedal to the metal type day."