Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Review of Scrap Management


Being I am a scrap quilter, I have a LOT of scraps and enjoy playing in them.  I don't ever want to use them up, just tame them from time to time.  I was so glad to join SARAH @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict (this takes you to her end of year review) and really tackle those bits of goodies.


 The 12 Days of Christmas blocks hosted by Marian @ Seams to be Sew and Janeen @ Quilt Art Design


The borders on the Gail Pan stitchery - left over binding bits.


LORNA'S fabulous pattern - Mod Bear Paw - entirely of scraps and left overs from other quilts.  I have to admit this was THE quilt for the year.


The mini key chain purses - free pattern under my tutorial tab.  Between the commission that started the creation for this pattern, those gifted, those sold, and those in the shop - I think I have made 50 of these so far.





Three baby quilts to use up solids, 30 prints and some brights.  


The watercolor large wallhanging using Marti Mitchell's method of using different 'shapes' to acheive the affect.


This cute project with Podunk Pretties was completed with scraps.



Some 'found' pinwheels to use up more solids and left over JR strips.

 

My 'nifty nines' charity quilt with Sarah's pattern during Hands2Help.


Wovens and plaids for a fun little piece.


The 'Amish Nines' used up some left overs nicely.


Another Amish mini to use up those much valued bits of Marcus fabrics.

And as I scrolled thru the year - a lot of blocks!!!  Yes, Sarah's group got a couple of boxes of those - love sending them on.  I have several BOMs and QALs that used all scraps, too - but those aren't finishes.  Work for next year.

Sarah plans some 'starry' quilt patterns to help us along with Hands2Help 2017 and I will use the Scrap Challenge again to play with these because I have a 32 gallon tote filled with new bags of gifted scraps not even looked at yet!

Go play,
Sewingly  Yours,
Sharon


14 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

WOW love them all! love your attic window setting on the 12 days of christmas blocks

Debbie said...

Great year, Sharon, and I agree the BEAR was the quilt of the year. But your colorwash rails is fabulous.....I missed that and just went back to June/July to find it. That is when I was locked up in the hospital, so I am glad to see you carried my love of colorwash on.

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful projects, Sharon. I can't wait to see what you make in 2017.

Barbara said...

Well, you've done a great job using your scraps. I'm afraid mine continue to accumulate despite my best efforts to use them. I love all your quilts pictured here, but I think the baby quilts are my favorites.

Needled Mom said...

It was fun to see so many of my favorites included in the wrap up.

MissPat said...

Well, I started a lot of things with my scraps and cut down a lot of random pieces into usable sizes. Does that count? Your productivity just amazes me. Good job Sharon.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fabulous amount of completed scrappy quilts! It is amazing how we can use scraps and use scraps, and still have scraps, LOL!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I think you had a very productive, scrappy year!!

Angie in SoCal said...

You have such beautiful projects - thanks for sharing. Off to see Sarah year end review.

Angie in SoCal said...

You have such beautiful projects - thanks for sharing. Off to see Sarah year end review.

Teresa in Music City said...

This was so much fun to scroll through Sharon!!! That bear quilt - oo-la-la!!!!!

Kate said...

You do such great things with all those scraps. The bear quilt is my favorite of the set, but all the others are beauties too. Looking forward to seeing your adventures with scraps in 2017.

Jeanna said...

Bravo!

I'm looking forward to Sarah's stunning stars too. I don't have quite as many scraps as you but I hope to make use of what I do have.

Happy New Year!

Calicojoan said...

Oh it looks like it was a very good year for you! They are all fabulous, but yep, that bear paw! It's definitely off the charts. Love the extra solid border you added. Wish I had done that now too! Happy New Year.