Monday, December 26, 2016

Monday Making 12/26/16

Share What You Are Making

I have had my machine and tables picked up for the last few days of Holiday festivities.  We kept things low key due to my Mom's health.  I did some hand stitching while watching various seasonal movies in the evening, it was perfect to keep the de-stress mode going.  But, I am ready to sew.

  
I had made a number of these bookmarks using this TUTORIAL.  She uses pretty ribbons, but I used up a lot of my scrap bindings to make my own 'ribbon'.  I have some 'boy' color ones that need those cute truck, dino, car buttons sewn on.  I'll do a few inbetween some machine time......


as those bear paw blocks need working on.  I have all of my pieces cut and now set up to assembly line sew by the machine - ready to go!


And just to show I got it done - the panel quilt for my granddaughter got finished.  I ordered this when Hart's fabric did a special print of three 'princess' large panels - blonde, red head, and brunette.  These are 60" x 72" and you just play with thread.  I did some outline and accent quilting on her dress.  The background just has some ribbon quilting thru it.  Backed with a blue plushy (the purple minky wasn't big enough) and no batting.

I hope you all had a lovely and relaxed Holiday,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

Nancy J said...

Great bookmarks, and using your own fabric is wonderful. Lovely panel, a great size quilt too.

Jeanna said...

The bookmarks are a cute idea. I've only make one wallhanging from a panel but the possibilities are endless with those things. I love that you 'embellished' this one with stitches around the princess dress.

Sheila said...

Love the panel. Hope your mother's health improves this year.

Needled Mom said...

Those Bear Paws are going to make another beautiful quilt.

Low key sounds like the perfect way to go this year.

Kristi said...

I love the idea of fabric bookmarks. I've done the ribbon ones, but I have much more fabric!

Dana Gaffney said...

I have those bookmarks bookmarked, they are such a cute idea. I like the colors you have for the new bear paws, it's going to be beautiful.

Barbara said...

I've only worked with panels a few times, but I'm beginning to see their value in quilting...a quick project, and the quilting adds so much texture fo them. Your granddaughter is going to love that.

Kate said...

Sounds like a relaxing holiday. Those book marks are really cool. The princess panel turned out beautifully. Hope you have some time to sew this week.

Sarah said...

Love the bookmark idea - uses scraps and so easily customizable!

Michele said...

Yes we've had a pretty relaxing holiday overall. And I've got to do some sewing. That truly is a gift to me.