Sunday, December 4, 2016

Monday Making 12/5/16



Since I finished my hand stitching goals on Sunday, I am treating myself to start working on this fun project with Marian and Janeen.  I know I said NO NEW, but I have not done a paperpieced project in a long time.  Even if I don't get to it all (and I know I won't), I will save all the patterns to play with during those snowy months to come.



I know they are making it as a 'Gingerbread House Village' setting, but I will play with it a bit different.  It will be part of my Scrap Problem Challenge, too.  The White is left from the BEAR quilt and Oyster is from a test quilt.  The rest will come out of this basket and new bag of scraps I received.

So the applique lovelies by Marian won't work for this, but I will save them for some other project down the road.


And the virtual cookie exchange is starting with Carol.  I put the button on the side bar so you can enjoy it thru the week.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

The 12 Days of Christmas is so cute, but paper piecing is really not my thing, I'll watch you make a wonderful quilt.

Needled Mom said...

I love those, Sharon. I have downloaded the pattern each day, but probably won't get to it until after the holidays.

Barbara said...

You know I dislike paper piecing, but those are pretty darned cute. Cookies? Count me in.

Jeanna said...

I've never paper pieced but I do have a small project that requires this method and plan to try it after the holidays.

Thank you for the cookie blog hop link!

Carol Swift said...

Sharon, you are so nice to add this shout out about the virtual cookie exchange...thank you! I haven't done any paper piecing in a while, but now I want to. Too cute!

Raewyn said...

The village is really lovely and you've made a great start - good on you having a finish so you can start another! I am hoping to get to this one as well!

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm saving those patterns too! I missed the first day but she said she will post them again after the QAL is finished. It's a wonderfully cute design :*)

Kate said...

Very fun paper piecing! Those look like such fun, but I've learned my lesson about paper piecing. Have a great week.

Sheila said...

Interesting village patterns , I must check them out not that I need another project for sure ,can't keep up now. Thanks for the links .