Friday, September 16, 2016

Whoop, Whoop Friday 9/16/16


I will be joining SARAH today with some happy dancing.  Being on such a busy schedule, I am so happy that I got some real sew time in finally.  Be sure to visit and see what others are 'dancing' about.


Hand stitching has been traveling with me and I was happy to be able to put the next section of my '365' together.  I have worked them 6 x6, but now that I am getting to the end of the year they will be set 6 x 8. Just two more of these and a year's journal of fabric play will be ready for some hand quilting.


All 30 blocks are made for my 'Let's Book It' project.  Hopefull next week I can get these into a flimsy.  When I saw them laid out, I saw a great quilt to donate to the Wounded Warriors quilt program coming up in December.


I caught up with the Westering Women BOM with Barbara Brackman.  I opted for the alternative setting rather than fight templates that weren't printing to size or those awful y-seams.


While the 'Civil War' fabric tote was out, I caught up on the Temecula 'Circa 2016' blocks.  Those tiny 9-patches went together so fast.


Then I thought I better check if I was truly caught up and found I had missed the Sawtooth Stars - done.


Bella is still snubbing me since the yard sale weekend and my traveling, but Moe has been a helper.  Not really, he just thought that pile of prepped fuseable batting was a special napping pillow made just for him.  The rotary was locked closed, so don't get nervous.  Besides, once Moe is a puddle, he doesn't move!

I am double checking my list and packing of goods for the weekend fiber display - we are setting up later this afternoon.  AND, I have to have my quilts selected and ready for hanging for Saturday's "Airing of the Quilts".  Yes, the lunacy begins!!  Just breath!!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You have been very busy! Have a great weekend, showing off all the quilts.

sewyouquilt2 said...

you go girl! Moe is tired just watching all your activity

Debbie said...

You are never still. So in love with your circles...they are great! Enjoy the busy weekend.

Denise :) said...

Wow, you've been so busy!! Your circles are looking great! And so are your Rubix (right?) blocks. I'm saving the Westerning Women blocks, but not making them at the moment. Moe looks like he's offered total forgiveness...LOL!! Have a great weekend!! :)

Needled Mom said...

Those Let's Book It blocks are going to look amazing. Have a fun weekend.