Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Let's Book It - September 2016

Dust Off Those Books
Let's Book It is about using those books, magazines, saved files, gotta make patterns, etc.... that we have gathered, but yet to play with.  It doesn't have to be a finish and larger projects are used for monthly progress.



This was a free pattern insert in one of the subscription mailings from AQS.  I tried to attach the pdf once before and it didn't work, but if you do a google search of Rubix by Stacey Day you will find it.




I had a lot of mixed blues and pinks solids scraps and just the right size yardage of solid background for this project.  The 'unit' blocks went together quickly.


Then they are sashed - another easy and quick step.


I had planned to get these into rows and the into at least a flimsy (hopefully a finished quilt), but the I fell ill - life happens with all of us.  But this is well on it's way to a finish for next month.

This month's charm for our Road Trip pin is the Spinning Star

  

How did you make out this month?  Please Share:


6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Hope you are feeling lots better by now. I did find Rubix, this looks fantastic when done, and what a great way to use all those different strips.

Debbie said...

Yahoo! I am back with a project!
Love the colors you are using this month for this.
Thank you for giving me the motivation to do this.....big hugs!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like it will be a nice quilt.

Nancy J said...

I agree, pressing the seams open would be a lot easier.

Sheila said...

Interesting pattern , I must Google it .

Christine M said...

I love the colours you are using, Sharon. Don't faint! I'm back with a Let's Book It post!