Friday, March 7, 2014

Rainbow Challenge, Wins, and Winner


This month was Aqua/Teal for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Now I know I had to really dig last year and this year I thought I had more - NO.  So my aqua and teal fabrics range from a green to blue and inbetween.


I had some more true aqua left over from the Birds & Berries used in last years sampler BOM - yes, I am desperate to use up that greenie one.


Yep, even dug into my scrap binding drawer for a few more.


And really scraped when it came to the string block.  What tiny bit was left was cut into my pre-cut barrels.

I will be linking up with SoScrappy

  
I am on a fabric diet, but I was lucky to win a lovely jelly roll of La Belle Fleur from Kris at Lavendar Quilts for her blogaversary.  And the jelly roll and charm pack of Bloomin' Fresh was from Deb Strain won during Moda's Alphabet Hop.

 I would like to thank all the ladies who entered February's "Let's Book It" challenge.  You can go back and see all the lovely projects linked up HERE.  Maybe someone used a book you have on your shelf.

Our winner is #5 - Val Spiers

2037logcabincharm.jpg

I will be sending off an e-mail to her for mailing info.

Everyone have a pleasant weekend - Spring has to be around the corner as I think Moe has lost 10# chasing all the big fat Robins in the yard.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

22 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love your blocks and choice of fabrics. I especially like the blocks in the third picture. What is the name of that block?
And your winners, such yummy fabrics!

JJ said...

I love all your teal blocks and all the colors in between. Some of my favorite colors.

Sheila said...

Congratulations! Lucky you!
You did good with your teal scavenger hunt. I'm not sure I have any real teal or aqua. It's possible that I'm using turquoise.
We're recovering from an ice storm here. But expecting some spring weather this weekend : )

Dana Gaffney said...

They look great, I think green to blue is exactly right, otherwise it would be boring

Kathy S. said...

Your blocks look great. I am concentrating on working on my fabric diet too. I have so many strings and need to use them first.

Deb A said...

Such great variety of fabrics in your blocks. Way to dig into the bins. You inspired me to pull out the Civil War book you showed last week. I just may have to make a little T block at the end of that book this month. Thanks for the reminder to check the books in the quilting library for inspiration.

Nell's Quilts said...

Some great blocks to use up all those aqua scraps. Isn't it amazing what we find when we dig deep!

Needled Mom said...

A win is the perfect ease on that fabric diet!!! Congratulations.

Your aquas are beautiful.

Kate said...

Beautiful teal blocks. At least you've used up one color. I'm in the same boat, not much teal in my scrappy stash either.

Teresa in Music City said...

Such fun teals! Those churndashes win my heart every time, but especially in teals :) And now I want to go to the studio and make a hundred aqua/teal strip blocks!!!!!

Katie Z. said...

Your teals are great, and it must feel nice to use up all those odds and ends!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wonderful blocks Sharon and congrats on all the great wins!

Joanna said...

Those are such nice wins. Love all of your teal blocks.

scraphappy said...

Beautiful blocks. Congratulations on winning such beautiful fabric.

Quilter Kathy said...

You put your scraps to great use! What a wonderful prize you won!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love aqua and all shades of it. :) I think it reminds me of the ocean.... blessings, marlene

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Lovely blocks and congratulations Val.

Valspierssews said...

What a lot of aqua blocks. They all look great. I like the string block. Well done on the fabric win but yay! yay! yay! I won the charm. Thanks.
valspierssews

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Awesome wins for an awesome blogger!!!

Dar said...

You really had lots of teal and aqua by the looks of all the beautiful blocks you got from them.! I'm loving all the different blocks you made.

Michele said...

Those are great Aqua/Teal blocks and congrats on the wins.

Lynne said...

I, too, am on a fabric (and yarn) diet but, because people know I sew (and knit) for charity/donation, supplies keep coming!