Monday, March 3, 2014

Baby Steps


Yes, those same minis from the backs, but the bindings are done and labels on two - one is just signed and dated.

You get a peek at one of them - my little little dollie with her quilt.  You will have to wait for her to arrive at her new home before you get to see the front of the doll quilt.  This is going out in the morning mail - before the snow hits us.



I get a lot of people ask if I sleep - I do and most days I even take a nap with my furries.  Monday I just did a little organizing while my SIL came to sew.  She finished up the last border on her quilt and then we did some cleaning and spring decor in the home shop.  I took my nap with the fuzzballs, and then I started to cut up one of my scrap baskets.  These are for the leader/ender challenge  - lozenges - with Bonnie Hunter @Quiltville.  The rest of the scraps got cut down into useable pre-cuts.  ONE basket down - baby steps as there are 5 more to go.  But there was NO SEWING done on Monday.


Well, baby steps.  I sewed, but handwork - just one of the little hexies for my Something New & Book It project.  I pulled some possible fabrics from that scrap basket that might work for this, too.  I put one of the templates in the photo so you can see just how tiny these are.  I had these already (from eons ago) and they are just a smidge smaller than the one in the book, but I'm using these to give me a little more 'fiddle' room when I lay them out on the center.


And I pulled some of my scrap units - I had the baggies of HSTs out too but haven't found what grabs me yet for the next round of the Relaxing Round Robin.  This will be my project today - if I can make my mind up on what I want to use.  Baby Steps - it is a long month after all.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

as per usual Sharon beautiful work and your SIL sounds like she is enjoying the sewing.xx

Sheila said...

Oh my. Another sweet baby doll : )
I've read through the lozenges leader/ender instructions several times. Very tempting.
If we think you are productive now, just wait until you have all your scraps cut into useable sizes!
We got our snow and freezing rain today. Warmer tomorrow evening.
Stay warm and be safe.

Joanna said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks you sew 24 hours a day. Your doll looks so sweet; they must be fun to make.

Dana Gaffney said...

That is going to be so pretty, I love the blue flowers.

Sarah Craig said...

I like your round robin piece - very eye catching! And that dolly is just too sweet. Hope you're feeling grand!!

Needled Mom said...

Your little doll is so sweet. That hexie is tiny!!! Oh my, but so lovely.

I love seeing how the round robins grow as they are passed on. Nice work, Sharon.

Lesley said...

Baby steps are a good thing! Love your country charmer block with those wonderful borders!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love to work in baby steps, I feel like a get a lot done that way. You know I think your work is beautiful!

sewyouquilt2 said...

love the tease of the mini quilt. and I know how you feel about the relaxing robin. I need to make a decision and execute it. too many ideas.......stalling my progress

KatieQ said...

I always love to see the dolls you make. They all seem to have their own special personalities.

Denise :) said...

Your posts are such fun and your little dollies are even MORE fun! What a lucky recipient her new owner will be! :)

Belinda said...

What little I can see of that floral fabric is beautiful!
I'm glad you get a bit of sleep. ;)

Sheila said...

Your little doll is so cute , love the round robin project , it is coming along nicely . Great idea to have a cutting day then you are all set to sew :-)

Wendy said...

What a cute little doll to send out with the quilt...I think that is such a sweet idea...hopefully you will not get too much snow...try and stay warm.

Kate said...

Lots of fun stuff going on in your sewing room. Love the little doll.

Michele said...

I like that you labeled them! Any label is a good label :-) I forget when I made something if I don't label it? Sounds like you had a fun time sewing!

Mrs.Pickles said...

sure sure you sleep...I bet you sleep sew...lol Lovely work as always

Teresa in Music City said...

I always love your little dolls Sharon! The quilters who swap doll quilts with you are very lucky :)

I know I often wonder how you get so much done! But then, I realize how much more I get done when my husband is out of town :) I love the way you work on a little of this and a little of that, whatever takes your fancy. You seem to really enjoy your time with needle and thread *smiles*

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Such lovely work and that little dolly is very sweet.