Saturday, October 8, 2011

October Christmas Quilt Along


I am only getting just started. Had company - daughter and grandsons to go on our re-scheduled apple picking day. I have my Stars Quilt done - gone to the long armer as I want something special done. So the scraps have come out - to play with the 'Gift Boxes' pattern by Moda.

I will update along on this post - I plan on working on this tomorrow, too.


UPDATE


I got a few "gifts" done and have all I need cut - just a lot of assembly line sewing. Should be a cute quilt for a gift.

UPDATE


I finished all 16 of the 'gift boxes' and will put the top together tomorrow.

UPDATE


I'm up early and putting all my rows/sections together. The pieced borders are ready too.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Have fun playing. Maybe I need to find me a good long armer. We have some local ones associated with the LQS, but none that seem right to me.

Cheryll said...

Enjoy your time with Sue at the quiltalong! :)

Anonymous said...

How cute Sharon

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You quilt is going to be so cute!

Unknown said...

wow, i love those gift boxes......

Unknown said...

Beautiful boxes all so festive and perfect. Can't wait to see it complete.

QuiltSue said...

They look great. I love them. Hmm, something to think about for next year's quilt maybe.

Roma said...

Love the Boxes Sharon..
And you made them in a just few seconds accorcing to your blog..

Beautiful work you do..
Enjoy your day.

Sheila said...

OH MY! The package blocks so CUTE!! What a neat idea!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I can't find that pattern online. Is there a different name for it? Who designed it? Google search didn't work this time. I have tons of Christmas fabrics, and this pattern would be great for using them up.

rooee said...

love the blocks, can't wait to see the quilt!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Those gifts look great! It is very fun and festive.

Shannon said...

I have loved all the updates on this quilt top. How cool to watch it grow!!