Monday, February 10, 2020

Monday Making


I'm going start working on the Rainbow Unicorn by  Lorna @ Sew Fesh Quilts that has long been awaited for by grand daughter.  The largest size is 48" square, so I will be doing some 'addition' to make this a twin size quilt.


These are my fabrics, but I may be swapping some items.  I didn't like the background fabric I had purchased for this and have to pull something else.  I want my 'rainbow' so show up well on the new background.

I think I will use the Temecula Quilt Co 'Little Letters' to add her name to the quilt.  I'll use left overs along with the extra yardage of the purple from the Harry Potter quilt to make a backing for this.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

loulee said...

So bright and pretty. What is it about wee girls and unicorns?

Denise :) said...

Oh my, what a sweet unicorn! And great fabric/color selections for it, too! I have several grandgirls who'd love this! :)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Gosh it's a lovely pattern and will be gorgeous on a bed. No doubt your grandie will love it!
My daughter used to LOVE unicorns when she was little. I think it was the rainbows and sparkles surrounding the unicorns that she loved the most.

Bonnie said...

Good plans. I'm impressed you already have the plan for the backing. Have fun sewing this bright happy quilt!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Its gonna be a great quilt. Lucky granddaughter. So bright whimsical and fun

MissPat said...

I went as far as going to Lorna website and checking out this pattern when you showed it the other day. Then I came to my senses and remembered I have more than enough UFOs and WIPS to keep me busy for quite some time. And I have no intended recipient. But it is really cute.
Pat

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the colors you picked.

Cheryll said...

The quilt will be gorgeous in those colours & your GD will LoVe it I'm sure... xox

kiwikid said...

Wonderful project.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Your granddaughter will love the finished quilt.