What was to be only a day of play, well - stretched to three days. I got thru the browns, greens and half the reds. BUT they were to go into 'in-progress' projects. This made for a lot of cutting, piecing, and sorting. SO I GOT LOST!!! It happens when I play in scraps.
I found there were a lot of strings in that box as well as the bags I was pulling from. My string tote - some where under that mess - was overflowing. So in my weak moment, string blocks got made.
They need trimming down, but there are 50 blocks in this pile and I went thru almost half of that old phone book for papers.
I really don't like making string blocks, but the plus side is I can use up all my partial bobbins. It doesn't matter what color you use because the stitching is small and there are so many color fabrics in the blocks.
Creating a mess on this table as well. I thought I would tackle a few more Shoo Fly blocks and then went DUH!! As there are more than enough to make a quilt with an on-point setting.
This made for pulling my totes of Civil War prints and some mini prints from the barrels - adding to the chaos.
Neutrals and solids were pulled from the box and got put on the small side table so they can be stored away correctly. I don't like to store or keep fabrics in baggies - each color and/or special cut has it's own tote for storage.
A dozen 'double-double' 4-patches or Road blocks got made. I need a lot more of these and I am sure working thru that box more is going to help. Once I've gleened, I'll hit my FQ totes that are in despirate need of trimming down.
And some two-rail units made for the Log Step quilt. I made some black/red rails units as well - didn't get their photo as I decided I JUST HAD TO start picking up. I need to get back to the Unicorn quilt.
We were minus 12 degrees this morning and I really hope things start to warm up. All you can do is .............