Sunday, February 2, 2020

Finish One Project - February


This is a facebook group I joined to help encourage finishing up at least one project each month.  I'm tackling those 'need to be quilted' piles for this group.  For February I chose 'Hillside Houses' which was a quilt along with Pretty Little Quilts back in 2015.

I made this using American Made Brand solids and if I recall, I was not very found of them.  One, they shred badly and two, they have a horrible give to them.  This will be a challenge to quilt.

Happy Ground Hogs Day - and Phil predicted an early Spring and I can only hope!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

Julierose said...

But very pretty colors and a lovely quilt--good luck on the quilting..hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

It's sad the fabric wasn't fun to stitch with because the colors are glorious! Good luck!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Pretty colors. Yay to early spring! Good luck quilting

Charlotte M. said...

I remember that project. I really wanted to make it but didn't for some reason. I agree with your assessment of American brand solids. I never liked them either.

Barbara said...

What a cute quilt! I might have to check back and follow along retrospectively.

Nancy J said...

Fabric that doesn't make the grade, pity as it is really lovely, Can you iron a very fine interfacing to stabilise it first? Then find a home for it and say " Goodbye"!!!

kiwikid said...

Shame about the fabric, it is a great quilt, good luck with the quilting.

Marie said...

Its too bad about the quality of the fabric for your house quilt because the colours are fabulous.