Thursday, July 11, 2019

A Picnic


An event scheduled almost 6 months ago and a much needed day away - the Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame Picnic held at CD Lane Park in Maplecrest, NY.  What a lovely park and the huge pavillion makes for a perfect venue location.


Yes, we had food after a business meeting.  So what are these people so interested in?


Being our guilds within the five counties of the Catskill Mountains are very rich heritage patterns and CW fabrics, we offered an education into a new realm - Modern Quilting.  Amelia's Garden was invited to present a lecture and trunk show as well as offer a little 'shop' set-up for later.  I think it was an eye opener enjoyed by all.


There were a lot of quilts and samples to help explain the different divisions of the modern artistry, but I think this quilt was the 'WOW' for everyone.  I loved hearing the members stop Myra mid sentence with "who was that designer", "what was the name of that fabric line", "what is that pattern  name again".

It was a great day with lots of talented quilters, great food, lovely weather and terrific program.  A day I needed!


I haven't touched my sewing machine in days and needed to touch fabric.  I was looking for some certain homespuns and dumped all my totes - boy I have a lot of homespun and shirting (and there is a large bag, too).  I need to turn this into a quilt this fall.


Poor Bella is a bit tired out by all the stress around here.  She has gotten to be rather 'scheduled' in her old age and when that is disrupted, she gets extremely nervous - cries, begs, hair falls out, paces.  Today I was home all day and she had to be right by my side (or eye-sight) to relax.

My mom came home and then returned to the hospital.  Let's say the family is rather furious with the early release and very poor care - it was a scene when we took her back.

I have some commission work (thank you lovely clients who are so understanding) to get to.  I had to cancel a few events, but have one booking left in the month that I really must attend, so fingers crossed.

Now let me sew,
Sewingly YOurs,
Sharon

5 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great spot for a picnic day and quilts!
So sorry to hear about your Mom.....they did that to me, actually sent me home the first time dehydrated. Our health care is now such a disaster. I do home the family stays on top of her treatment.....they want to sweep the elders under the rug.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The medical profession has to follow the insurance rules instead of treating the patient. Insurance needs to let the pros handle the care instead of the other way around. Hope your mother gets better soon.

MissPat said...

I'm glad you were able to get away for a day of relaxation. I'm not getting much quilting done either, but that's due to the hot weather and the lack of air conditioning in our house which becomes an oven. I'm going to keep my thoughts on the current state of health care to myself, but I do hope there is some improvement with your Mom soon.
Pat

sewyouquilt2 said...

So sorry to hear of all the trouble with moms care. Hope things improve soon.

kiwikid said...

Very sorry to hear about your Mum, sadly it seems to be the same with hospitals the world over. Your picnic looked wonderful, the modern quilt sure is modern!!