Sunday, September 2, 2018

Slow Stitching Sunday


It has been a long time since joining in with the Slow Stitch with Kathy.  Actually, a long time since I slow stitched.  She has a challenge to show where you do your slow stitching.  I use a lot of my small projects as travel work, but when home I like to use my ironing board.  Yup, I raise it up to stand at it or lower it a bit to use my stool or lower it a little more for my chair.  There is a bendable, adjustable super light that I can change to suit what ever position I am working here.

This is Kim Diehl's "Snowball Blossoms" mini you can find for free on the 
Henry Glass site (under construction right now).  Once I get the few stems finished stitching down, I will get the leaves done.  I am thinking I would rather use buttons for the tiny berries rather than those tiny fabric circles.


This should be ready for all the patchwork borders for Making Monday.  Just me and the kitties home for the Labor Day weekend.  Several folks up and down the Valley set fireworks off, So I just have to pull out a chair on the side lawn to watch the festivities (no traveling in that mad house traffic on this weekend for me).


Be Safe and Enjoy your Holiday,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

On holiday weekends down here we have always preferred to stay home,and to see the celebrations from your own doorstep, coffee or cold drink in your hand, wonderful.

Michele said...

It will be a quiet-ish day here too.

Barbara said...

What a sweet little piece. I’m in favor of buttons too.

Denise :) said...

This is a really sweet piece; I love Kim's designs! Nicely done -- enjoy your stitching time! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you had a lovely relaxing weekend and enjoyed your slow stitching!

Kris said...

What a great idea, Sharon!! With your ironing board you have plenty of space to put everything you need for hand stitching!! Love your edition of Kim's Snowball Blossoms!! And buttons would be perfect!!

Kate said...

Very pretty. Using buttons for the berries sounds like a very good idea. Hope you got in lots of stitching time over the holiday.