Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


To all of the well wishers, my Mom is improving each day - Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  I did finish up some scrappy before all this went down and didn't get to share.  This is the shirt,flannel, and wovens  scrap quilt finally assembled and ready for quilting.


The tile block quilt from that old shelved kit was also finished up.  I don't normally work a quilt from start to finish, but since this had already sat for so long in the bag I did not want to set it aside in the process of stitching for fear it would get lost in the list of things to do.  Yes, big blocks and a big quilt - so not Sharon!  Well, each of those blocks has 57 pieces in them.


I've actually added 3 more pieces to this pile on the quilt rack - all waiting to be quilted.  This doesn't even make a dent to what is in the big tote!  My Juki is down and needs a scheduled maintainance, so the little back up machine is out.  It's not something I can quilt with.  Yeah, get that long arm up and running.  Every time we schedule the 'final' assembly, testing - something more important pops up.

Today I am playing with the Kim Deihl piece.  The applique' is done and now on to the piecing of borders.  BORDERS!!  But I want to wrap this up today as I have a special project to complete by the 29th.  My camera is re-charging, so no pics.  Yet, the special project you won't get to see until the presentation because some people follow my blog.


Remember to visit the hosts today - a bit of a change to the list


Sewingly Yours
Sharon

8 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice finishes. Glad your mother is getting better each day.

Cheryll said...

I love the BiG "tile" quilt... looks great.
So pleased to hear your MuM is doing better each day too... xox

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your two quilts and the fact that Mom is doing better each day
💖

Barbara said...

So glad to hear your mother is improving. I love that scrappy quilt, and yes, I was thinking to myself...big quilts! So not Sharon!

Susie said...

Hi Sharon, I have just caught up on all your posts since I have been away on vacation and then busy catching up on all the work whilst we were away! Sometimes I wonder whether it is worth going away!!!

I love all the quilts and the new Blog Hop "Welcome To My House" is lovely. I just love the difference in everyone's houses!

I am glad your Mom is getting better.

Have a great weekend
Hugs, Susie x

Quilter Kathy said...

Hoping your Mom is continuing to improve and enjoying the cooler temps of fall weather approaching. Great progress on those 2 quilt tops!

Kate said...

So glad to hear your Mother is doing better. I like both of your finished flimsies. You've been moving along on your projects.

Michele said...

I'm happy to hear that mom is improving. Both tops look great.