Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


There were several of the guild's 9-patches left from the two banners made for donation to the local library.  I rather see them all used, so going to make a small quilt that the library can use for a raffle fund raiser.  Since I haven't stitched in almost 2 weeks, this will be a good 'get back in the saddle' project.


I'm going to use this 'new' machine that was gifted on to me by another Hall of Fame inductee while at the show.  Love the color!!  A Singer 347 and she has a nice stitch.  Just needed a little cleaning up and some fresh oil.  The hard case cover has a broken handle, but that is ok.  No extra feet, but the one on her has a 'true' 1/4" and that's all I need for this gal to do some patchwork.  Love how the former owner marked the thread path - what ever helps.


I did get a real new machine that arrived during the week of the show.  I upgraded to a higher model of my Juki, which I love.  I'll have my old friend in for some service and complete cleaning and pass her on to my daughter.  This one will take me a while to go over the manual, play with all the stitches as well as make a stitch diary, make notes - then it is going to tackle that pile of quilts waiting.

I have just one more 'travel' for the year and then I am home!  I usually make November and December my ME time, but I am adding October to the list this year as well. 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 
  

10 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Those 9 patches are so pretty and will make a great quilt. Loving your new machines. So fun.and yes add Oct to your me time list for sure

Nancy J said...

Arrows to show the way, that is so wonderful, and a new Juki, wonderfuller!!!!! ( a quilting word made for this occasion)!!! I squashed two words,... more wonderful,... into one new one.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Enjoy your new machine. We definitely need "my time" to keep us sane. Happy stitching!

Sarah said...

I’m pretty sure your Singer is the same as the machine I was gifted as a 10 year old. I was the third owner by then but she was a workhorse for almost 15 years until we couldn’t get the tension to work anymore and the local repairman finally gave up on her. Enjoy!!!

Debbie said...

Love your new Singer...and the color. Bet she is a workhorse. New machines are fun to learn. Enjoy.

MissPat said...

Wow, not one, but two new machines. I spent some time this weekend and yesterday sorting fabric (I have too much!) and then even though I wanted to sew, I couldn't settle on which UFO to tackle. Raining hard here but I ave to take a quilting buddy for her radiation treatment so sewing may not happen again today. It's good that you are adding October to your "me" time. You've had a very busy and eventful year.
Pat

Barbara said...

That Singer looks very similar to the used machine my mother gave me when I got married. I loved that machine. Did a lot of sewing on it. When I got my “travel” machine, which turned out to be a Pfaff, I was interested in the Juki’s, but we don’t have an authorized service center nearby. Bummer because I’ve heard good things about the Juki’s. My Pfaff turned out to be a great little machine, but seeing your new Juki is like looking at the one that got away. Enjoy! Looks like you’re going to be doing some serious sewing if you’re going to keep those two busy.

Needled Mom said...

The thread arrows are so fun! I suppose those little reminders are what keeps our lives in order - much like my tape on my sewing table for sewing HSTs without marking!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute vintage machine. I don't have one of those.

Kate said...

How fun, two new toys to play with!