Friday, September 1, 2017
I worked thru the last of that baggy of scraps and managed to get 10 more Rails Fence blocks and 10 more Log Cabins. There's another grocery bag of scraps that will get worked into this project and may just make enough for a complete quilt.
I worked the brown Broken Dishes blocks as leader/enders with the Rails & Logs. Another 10 of those. That may be how this project comes together - as a leader/ender amongst something else.
My poor Earlene is going slowly as there is a lot of small areas requiring changes of color (and bitty stitches). A bit at a time will get her done OR I might just dedicate those stitches thru the weekend.
And I did a bit of retail therapy. I would prefer to shop and support local, but my car was in the garage most of August. Besides, Connecting Threads had some super sales and then threw in a 20% of your entire order - TOO TEMPTING to pass up. Some fun fabrics for binding and two extra wide backings - will need those as quilts get finished up here soon. I bought a few w/w's, but they are had to to photo. I needed to restock my 'basics' that are required to tie all those scraps together.
And there were FQ color bundles on sale. I checked my color totes and ORANGE had a few scraps (not FQS). So I got the orange - ESP, as the RSC17 color this month is orange. I don't use a lot of orange so these should last me for a few years!
September is (Inter)National Sewing Month - go be creative,