Friday, September 22, 2017

Last Day of Summer/First Day of Fall


I was very excited to manage finishing one Burgoyne Surrounded block.  There are a lot of pieces in one block and you have to pay attention to color placement.  Yes, I had to use the seam ripper at least once.  I have all the other fabrics cut out and waiting on the display board, but I have a commission to work on.


A whole lot of log cabins being chained thru the machine right now.  I hope to have these finished today.  The pink isn't part of this - just some odd projects that are 'oddly' stored behind the machine to help encourage me to finish them.  Not working!


And my favorite tree - the minature apple that wasn't a mini.  It doesn't have an apple on it.  Not because we picked them all, but our strange,cooler weather made them prematurely ripen before full growth and they all dropped.  As you can see, not a one on the ground either!  The deer just LOVE this tree  A bit of fall color is starting to show on this side of the house, too.   

I've had a bit of a walk about, so now back to those log cabins,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The fabrics you've used in your Burgoyne Surround quilt look very nice. This pattern is on my someday list.

gayle said...

I'm glad you're making Burgoynes, too. I think they're a lot of fun, but they do keep you on your toes. Some days it just doesn't pay to set down the seamripper...

Lesley said...

Your Burgoyne block is wonderful!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

YOur post made me laugh...the pieces "hidden" the small apple tree that wasn't...that's just "so life" huh.

Barbara said...

Your apple tree and my plum tree. Fruit that never fails to disappoint.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful block and yes...lots of pieces.

Kate said...

The pink and brown block turned out beautifully. Pink and brown always strikes me as such a dramatic pairing. Good luck on your commissioned project. Hopefully the stitching has gone quickly.

Lady Jane said...

That is an impressive block!!! hugs, lj