Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


The commissioned bags are finished and client contacted for pick up.  While I was going over the plans for the larger bag, I remembered I had a horse print bag in-progress from my bag class.  A few changes had to be made for the required interior, but it made for a quick finish with something already 3/4 done.  


I managed to get four  completed Patchwork QAL blocks done using them as leader/enders with the bags.  I'll try to finish the other two with the same method when I play today.


The next temperature rosette shows that we went into a warm spell.
76-73-76-79-80-78


One of the gals who 'shopped' my loaded table wanted to return the favor.  I told her to bring me an 'ugly' to challenge me.  THIS IS NOT UGLY!  This is a treasure!  Yardage of "Pink and Chocolate" by Nancy Gere for Windham Fabrics - BUT.............


she had pieces from the line and look at this!  I am taking a day to play before I dive into the next commission work.  I have been loving the Burgoyne Surrounded blocks popping up around the web and I think these will be perfect for such a project.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Those fabrics play together so well, I can see you will have a heap of fun arranging and also playing with options. Lovely blocks and the bags, I am a real sucker for any bag, I love making them too.

Debbie said...

The bags look great! Sure she will love them. Love the chocolate floral...very yummy! Yes, those fabrics will be great for your project:)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great bags and love the yellows in your hexie.

Lyndsey said...

The bags look great and I can wait to see what you create with the fabrics.

Sharon Brown said...

I really like the horse fabric in your bags; is it a Laurel Burch design? I agree with you, that pink and chocolate fabric is lovely!

Kate said...

The bags turned out beautifully! I like the chocolate and pink print. I've got a few older prints like that in the stash, but I never know what to do with them.