Monday, September 18, 2017

In The Making


I have a commission for two different size special bags for a young lady who loves horses.  I had just picked up this horse print (ESP?) and had this wonderful feather print from Wendy Sheppard's de-stash.  I have one bag done and the second is in the 'scratch pad, math' mode and hope to have that completed in the next day.  

I have another commission for a photo memory quilt, too.  That I can't show without permission.  I would like to have that done by the end of September as October is a very full month of events.  AND then November/December I hibernate as usuall!!  OMG - thinking to the end of the year which is fast approaching!!


I did manage to get the JR Race quilt top done for the Jelly Roll Day.  It's a little plain, but I like VAL'S raw edge flowers and may add some to this for a little perk-me-up.  But that will have to wait for a later time.


The next block for the Patchwork QAL came out - Grandmother's Choice, which a great heritage block to play with.  I am working these as leader/enders while I am making those bags.


Mother Nature is making quick work of the changing seasons.  These maples will change in a blink of an eye and then be totally bare.


This tree has been dead for a long time, but the old grape vine loves to use it and we leave it for the wild life and birds.  Once a wonderful green  now going into purple, it still is pretty.


I zoomed into the neighbors.  Those maples are actually our property line - coloring out.  And you can see bits of color in the mountains as well as the corn in becoming 'golden' - harvest time.


One of my guild members had gotten a wonderful photo of my Hall of Fame plaque block.  Here is the scrappy pineapple in all it's glory - finished block size is 12.5", so yes those are little blocks.  I wouldn't want to make a whole quilt with these, maybe another mini down the line though.

And I am very proud of my daughter - she passed her test (soon we will be calling her doctor) AND got word that she is entered officially into the Boston Marathon!  And to think - I hated school and couldn't run across the lawn if I had to!!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your bags and your pineapples. you have the coolest projects going. I wanna be like you when I grow up! hee hee

Suze said...

Congrats to your daughter! I sorta know how difficult that is - I had to quit about 6 years ago. I was just too sick - I had 2 classes and my dissertation left. My now deceased husband was taking me to class and waiting for me because I was so sick. I was trying to take care of both of us who were disabled and take doctoral level classes and I couldn't do it. My doctor told me I was close death. So, I quit. I knew my husband was sick when I married him, he had already had three strokes. I'm hoping to get back to piecing again. I miss it. I do like watching others' accomplishments. You always make me miss piecing and encourage me to try again. I just got my Featherweight tuned up an raring to go. Thanks for a great post.

Debbie said...

That mini pineapple is beautiful and amazing too! I would have been blind when finished...lol. Congrats to your daughter on her accomplishments. She is just taking the achievement heritage along another path.

MissPat said...

Please tell me those little pineapple blocks were paper-pieced. Congrats to your daughter.
Hard to think about fall since our temps are in the mid-80's this week, but the colors are changing, so I know what's coming.
Pat

Barbara said...

What beautiful fabrics there at the top, and I love your pineapple blocks. Beautiful. We've seen changing leaves here in North Dakota too. Don't know if we'll hit the east coast at the right time, but we're coming as fast as it makes sense.

Sheila said...

Beautiful pictures! I like your jelly roll race quilt. The neutrals make it look soft. A cuddle quilt to be sure. Love the pineapple quilt, too.
Congratulations! A doctor! Wow! I know you are proud of her. I am : )

Susie said...

I love seeing pictures of your home and the quilt is just stunning. I really must try the jelly roll quilt but am avoiding starting anything else until I have my UFO's under control!!!! Many congratulations to your daughter my husband's daughter is a doctor and I know how much work goes into becoming one, a great achievement. Hugs, Susie xx

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats to your daughter! Both are impressive.

Kate said...

Those tiny pineapple blocks are pretty amazing! You've made great progress as usual. Congrats to your daughter, that's pretty awesome. Though to be honest, I could skip the marathon.