Friday, April 21, 2017

Whoop, Whoop Friday 4/21/17


I will be joining SARAH and the gang in celebrating some finishes.  It doesn't have to be a finish, just something you are happy to have accomplished on your to-do list - and we all have a long one of those.


This was one of my Let's Book It projects over a year ago and it sat waiting for the final borders.  Those got done finally and I sent it out for long arming.  Then it took a while to stitch that binding - I don't make a lot of big quilts.


This pattern is from the book "Beyond Neutrals" and was an attempt to use up that abundance of browns.  A lot of skinny strips put into a 3-bar braid for lovely look.  I had Barb do a tight meander because of those skinnies and I love the affect.


And I finished off the confetti baby quilt.  Organic line quilting just gives texture and comfy.


I joined three 1/2 yard pieces of 'Good Neighboors' for the back - that is now used up.  And a scrappy border of some of the solids that were left from the front.  This is in the washer right now and then a pop into the dryer.

Today is to be another rainy day, so I plan to catch up on all those block releases for my QALs and dream of sunshine and warm weather.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

Toni Macomb said...

Love both of these quilts!

Debbie said...

That braid was always a favorite of mine. Glad to see it got finished and love the quilting on it.

Joanna said...

Both are beautiful quilts. I love the braided quilt; it's very impressive as a finish.

Kathy S. said...

Great choice on the tight meander. Lovely finish, Sharon. Whoop, whoop!

Sheila said...

Both quilts are beautiful. Perfect pattern for browns.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilts. I made a braided border, a long time ago, but, not a whole quilt.

Lesley said...

Beautiful quilts! Love that organic Quilting! I use it too on my smaller quilts!

Dana Gaffney said...

I love both of them, the neutrals one is gorgeous and the confetti quilt is now on my bucket list :)

Barbara said...

Those are two great quilts...so different, and yet, both are so pleasing to the eye and calming. I like the organic line quilting. Trying to decide how to quilt the elephant baby quilt, and I have something like that in mind. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Kat said...

I love that neutral braid! Gorgeous.