Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


If you have a problem with dealing with scraps, SARAH has been very helpful each week.  Today she has some insight to 'JOY' - you want to go read her thoughts and shares.


Wednesday is the day I play with all my little block projects that are attempting to use up my scraps - or least tame them.  And look!!!!!  I emptied that cone of thread and opened a brand new one - power sew on day.


My problem is - the scraps keep coming in faster than I can use them.  All of this has to be processed before the weekend as I have a secret, rush project that will require my full attention and time.  I like a clear work area - well, really - I don't want any 'squirrels' in plain sight.

We are into a cold and rainy period - time to power sew the rest of the month away.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Nancy J said...

And I thought I had a huge heap of scraps, but not as much as you. The batik fabric down here is so expensive, I save every little piece.

Dana Gaffney said...

I was happy to empty a bag of scraps by using and sorting, I forget that you happily take homeless scraps, I would lock my doors, LOL.

Needled Mom said...

Ha....it sounds like a common problem. My scraps multiply faster than I can sew too.

Barbara said...

I think every quilter has that problem. I'm not as good at using my scraps as some folks, but I'm always hitting the scrap bins first when I'm looking for something. Then, when I'm finished, I swear I have more than I started with.

Carla said...

Your scraps are so organized. One day I'll figure out how to tackle my scraps. I've had one small give away. Maybe I'll do another.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck with your "secret" rush project! I was clearing some clutter in the sewing room this week, too. Made a Patriotic scrap basket using those scraps and filled the basket with the rest once it was completed. FUN!! So much so that I think a batik one is up next.

Joanna said...

The down side is the scraps take up space and are hard to organize. The up side is that they make beautiful scrap quilts that are fun to make and look so nice. Frugal quilters make sweet quilts.

sewyouquilt2 said...

you make such neat quilts with your scraps. I have made more since I organized mine. they were way outta control. LOL I think they multiply in the night

Kate said...

Hope you were able to keep up with your power stitching.