Friday, February 10, 2017

Snow Moon


With the wonderful ice storm and then the snow Storm Niko - we haven't seen the last of this phenom yet.  After all, a full moon (February's full moon is called the Snow Moon), lunar eclipse, and a comet all at once has to be an indicator.  It is snowing again and will be for the next 3 days - good thing I had no plans other than staying to home!



I got a little more block play in before I have to shut down the machine and concentrate on a commission (cross stitch).  Aqua is not a color found too easily in my scrap bins, but I found enough to complete my 4 piggy quota for the month for my RSC17 blocks.


Again, very little aqua to feed into these blocks.  BUT its is about trying to use up scraps and I had added a lot of small green scraps into my barrel system from all of January's green projects.  These blocks can be made with any 'math' - but in case you are wondering I used 1.5" squares for my 4-patches and 3'5" squares (cut once on the diagonal) for the corners.  AND that size because those barrels are stuffed!


Then I realized I forgot to photo the blocks I was making with Moe's help the other day.  Puss in the Corner (purrfect for sewing with the furkid) with those bits.  I don't purposely cut 1.5" squares, I just hate to throw out and they can be worked into a cute block.

You all stay safe, stay warm, and keep on stitching,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

23 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

yeah isnt this weather crazy? we too have three more storms coming like the last one wasnt enough. I have been playing in your 2 1/2 inch scraps again too. making 16 patches again. they work up so quickly and are so fun.

Nancy J said...

On our TV tonight pics of the massive snow in New York, gale winds elsewhere, hundreds of flights cancelled, Hope you are all cosy and safe inside, with a furbaby or two for company. Aqua, I usually have blues, greens and teals, reds and yellows are always scarce in my stash.

Karen said...

Adorable piggies. I like your puss in the corners. I think this would be a good block for my large container of scraps of 2" squares. Stay warm.

wheelinsticks said...

You guys have had ton of snow! Other than the 2 ice storms, we've had zip. I want to do the little piggies too. Your's are so cute.

Dana Gaffney said...

I know the snow is a pain, but that picture is gorgeous and looks so peaceful. I'm loving the scrappy patch blocks, they're going to make a great quilt, so much color and texture.

Kate said...

Hope you were able to dig out a bit between storms. Love your piggies! Those are such cute blocks.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Stay warm! Lovely picture of the Snow Moon with the evergreens!

QuiltShopGal said...

Amazing photo. I stepped outside to look at the moon last night, but didn't see anything as stunning as what you captured in your photo. I agree, bizarre weather. But looks like you are staying warm and enjoying some good quilting time. Love seeing what you are working on, and those piggies are a quack up.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Barbara said...

I was wondering what the term "snow moon" meant. We saw it. The clouds actually cleared off for the first time in weeks, and we saw the stars and the moon and also one planet shining very brightly. Couldn't decide if it was Venus or Jupiter.

Needled Mom said...

I love those piggy blocks!!! Stay warm.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

The snow picture is gorgeous. I hope you are keeping warm. I turned on our air conditioner last night...:) Great blocks!

Betty C said...

The teal pigs are just cute!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you didn't lose power. Stay home and quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

AQUA-dorable piggies!! Your other blocks are showing hints of sea green goodness. Happy quilting!

gayle said...

Love those piggies! 8)
The snow missed us - we only got an inch or two. Fingers crossed that the next one misses, too... (And that it misses you, too!)

Nell's Quilts said...

Those piggies are so cute. Puss in the corner looks like a great way to bust those 1.5"scraps.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such cute piggy blocks! Love that photo of the moon!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Crazy weather! We're having unseasonably warm weather here in Colorado, but will probably have snow in May! Love those fun piggies! I think your colors are perfect.

PaulaB quilts said...

Four lucky piglets dressed in the nicest color in the spectrum. Let them strut around and show off. Amazing crazy weather! Take care.

Sally Trude said...

Squeal! I love piglets dressed in teal! I'm just south of the snow zone and so we seem to be in spring already.

KimM said...

I always love reading your posts, even if I don't leave a comment. Your quilting always amazes me.
xxx

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh your pigs are so fun! Hang in there with all that wintery weather.

Michele said...

I like your pig blocks too. The weather sure does make for some much needed sewing time.