Thursday, November 8, 2012

Feline Friday



This cute 'Turkey in the Straw' doll quilt came from Barbara, my partner for the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap for November.  We mailed the same day(morning) and they traveled from coast to coast - each arrived on the same day (and near same time) - how cool is that!  I just love the straw fabric!  Oh it has been years since I had a hand print turkey bird and I love it.  How is this related to Feline Friday - see my cute little kittie?  A mini-me Bella kittie!  Thank you Barbara.


Actually, when I opened it - I set it to grab some fresh coffee before hanging and photoing - look who claimed the Turkey!  I guess Moe was jealous that Bella got her own little dolly. 

Well, I have a ton of things to run thru the check list, finishing, and housework before the big 3-day show next weekend.  I hope everyone has a safe weekend,

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

Linking up with   Sarah Did It

Oh yeah - for Whoop Whoop Friday - a finish - The quilt and doll I sent Barbara

 
 
This is an older, heritage block called 'Darting Birds' - the block and the colors were inspired by Barbara's sweetie pie kittie, Smittie

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely parcel to receive Sharon maybe your kittie thinks its a real bird,lol.xx

Sheila said...

Bella sees mini Bella beside turkey bird, does not want to be out done. So she lays down to be close to turkey bird, too. Great photo by the way.
Mini quilts are darling, Sharon :)

Lesley said...

Lovely gift! Gotta love turkeys!

Michele said...

Really cute doll quilt. It reminds me of the artwork the kids will surely bring home next week.

Sheila said...

Lovely little quilt and your sweet little kittie seems to approve :-)

Denise :) said...

Sharon, I love the little quilt that Barbara made for you -- it's just darling! And evidently Moe thinks so -- it's so cute how he's curled around the top of the turkey! Happy to see you linking up with Sarah, too!!

Rachel said...

Love the doll, I am definitely going to make use of the tutorial!Thank you!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

looks like your cat has claimed this one !!
I like the label on the doll quilt. Do you write in them, or are they printed on? Very nice.

Sarah said...

I *say* I'm making doll quilts but most often the cats claim them, as has Moe! Love the darting birds block (I have a book with that pattern somewhere) and the hand print turkey. I also haven't seen one recently!

Teresa in Music City said...

Your Moe knows a happy quilt when he sees one! I bet he smelled that it came from a home filled with lots of kitty love :*) Barbara made a wonderful quilt for you and I love the little stuffed kitty. Now she'll have to do a tutorial on how to make those =^..^=

Pattilou said...

Fun things to read about! I love reading about all those doll quilts.

Shannon said...

What a cute hall hanging. I love how your cats enjoy laying on your goodies!! So funny. Your mini quilt is so pretty, I love the colors!

Jenny Watson Blogs said...

Wow all the designs are looking so cool just keep it up...

Military Challenge Coins