Saturday, November 10, 2012

Christmas Quilt Along


I'm a little late to the party today, but I am joining Sue of QuiltTimes for the November Quilt Along.  Although my quilt is already finished I am going to use the time for some small gift making.


I have a lot of scraps, so I am going to play in them to make a variety of small candlemats, table toppers, and if time - a little bag I saw on the web.

**I will be updating on this one post thru the day**

  UPDATE


Well, finished this little one up - a tad bit of quilting with metallic thread and dotty binding.


And for some really quick ones - use the disappearing 4-patch that we used for Erin's blocks.  Using two FQs - I cut a set of 7" (finished 12.5") and a set of 8.5" (finished 15.5").  Simple straight line quilting with my walking foot and used up some left over bindings - easy peasy!


Oh, wish I could remember who's blog I saw this on to give credit and a big thank you to.  Cutie Bag is a free pattern you can find here at I Heart Linen.  I have fabrics and supplies pulled and hope to get two bags done for my grandsons.

UPDATE


These bags work up so quick!  I used the iron bat (optional), but if I make more I think I will use a medium weight iron on interfacing.  I also changed from the casing for a feed-thru tie to adding a shoe lace folded in half - stitched into seam.  Then can just ge pulled around and tied - they are learning to tie shoe laces so this is a good thing. (and I had an extra pair in the 'junk drawer').  They look my guys!!

I am wrapping up today with cleaning up the mess.  Thank you Sue for a fun day of sewing.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

19 comments:

Hazel said...

What cute fabrics, Sharon - love those geese - but shouldn't it be SIX geese a-layin', if I remember the song rightly...?

Donna said...

Sound like you have a fun day planned. Enjoy.

QuiltSue said...

I'll look forward to seeing what you get made today.

Sheila said...

Pretty little topper. I'll check back to see what you sew up today :)

Mrs.Pickles said...

very cute. Always love to see what you are creating

Joanna said...

One of the reasons I love patchwork is that I get to see all of the different fabric pieces. Those candle mats will be very cute.

Denise :) said...

Oooh! Those are fun little pieces -- I love the little Christmas goose!! What happy recipients you will have! Have a fun, sewing-filled day! :)

Lesley said...

Your fabrics are so sweet! Bet you're having fun with all those Christmas prints!

QuiltSue said...

What a productive day you're having.

Wendy said...

Such a cute finish! I love the Christmasy fabrics....

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my! You have been busy! What cute projects... I really, really love those Cutie Pie bags! I'm off now to find the pattern... :*D Have a great weekend!

Sheila said...

You had a very productive day , lots of lovely Christmas sewing , I love those little bags , must check that out for my granddaughters.

Lesley said...

I'm back to have a peek at what you've done today! You were a busy quiltalonger! Love the idea of the disappearing 9-patches as little quilts...great use of fun fabrics! And those little bags are adorable! Well done!

Roma said...

http://iheartlinen.typepad.com/Cutie_Bag_Tutorial.pdf

Love your work.. and I should be so productive. I did find the link for the bag. It is above..
Thanks for sharing ..

QuiltSue said...

The bags are so cute, I love the little faces on them.

Michele said...

It all looks great. I'm sure those bags will be well loved.

sewyouquilt2 said...

everything looks great. sounds like you had a very successful day.

Snoodles said...

Such cute mugrugs or toppers - love those. The bags are adorable, thanks for the link to the pattern!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You certainly had a productive day! So many cute and beautiful items were created.