Sunday, May 17, 2020

Squaring Up


Well, it took me four days to work thru that box of scraps.  All the lose stuff was pressed and chopped down into my barrel system.  Let's just say my 2" and 2.5" barrels are stuffed again, but I have a home for them.  Many items were re-bagged for future projects and some may get a date for some more chopping.

I did process and stitch some of the scraps for a new project and they will patiently wait as I plan to tackle a few quilts from the 'to-be-quilted' pile.  Yes, I want to finish more than I make - other wise that pile will never get smaller.



This is the little patootie that will adopt my stuffed barrels.  My granddaughter and her first quilt is finished.  My daughter (self taught thru the internet) ordered a FMQ foot and just went for it.  Leaves, flowers, and some McTavishing.  ANd notice the scrappy binding!  I think she is pretty pleased with her quilt.



This took us by surprise and held me up from cutting squares and quilting.  Yes, New York State had tornado storms sweep thru Friday and we were without power for some time.  Me and the furkids hunker down and quivered till things cleared.



Then I used this gorgeous vintage fabric for a backing for another project I pushed myself to finish for the upcoming HOP.


Be There Or Be Square


7 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful photo of your granddaughter, it looks like she love her quilt!

Barbara said...

What a cutie. Great picture. Sheesh...tornadoes. Scary.

kiwikid said...

Your little patooti sure is cute. Well done to your daughter. A tornado coming would be very frightening .

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats to cutie on her quilt and kudos to your daughter on the FMQ!! Looking forward to the start of tomorrow's Hop.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt for the cutie!

MissPat said...

We had some rain and rumbles of thunder late in the afternoon, but nothing like the severe storms you had roll through. Your granddaughter and her quilt are both very cute. Looks like your daughter may be off and running on the fmq front.
Pat

Carla said...

It does look like your daughter did a great job on the quilt. And baby girl is adorable.