Sunday, May 10, 2020

Monday Making


For all the hype about the Storm Bomb we were suppose to get, I thought I better grab a quick Saturday morning photo of all the snow we got - before it was gone.  It was a bitter 28 degrees with strong winds though - brrr....  It is May, isn't it?

 

I'll be joining BETH with some Monday Making after taking the weekend away from the machine - housework had to be done.  Please check out the link up for lots of inspiration.  I just love the little blocks Beth has  in progress.


I'd like to get a start on my very large OMG project.  If I can get at least half together and clear the large table - then I can lay out the second half.  Then I'll stack and label rows to play with here and there thru the month until the two halves are ready to put together.  

Stay Safe and Healthy,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Snow in May, is that a later fall for you? We are having cooler mornings and nights, but today out in the garden it was SO hot. It's so good to have fabric and ideas to play with, I want to send my Bernina off for a check-up, but would miss it too much.

kiwikid said...

Well done on doing the house work, I avoid it as much as I can!! All y our blocks there look wonderful.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Housework gets in the way of our fun, doesn't it? Glad it's all done and you can spend lots of time sewing :)

sewyouquilt2 said...

I love those blocks.i too dont remember giving the maid the day off.i also had to pick up the slack lol stay safe

Calicojoan said...

Well, at least your not shoveling all that snow. LOL!! Those are definitely not May temperatures though. Good thing we can keep warm inside stitching.

Barbara said...

Well, I’m glad to see the snow didn’t hit as hard as expected. I read some articles here about the “polar votex,” and figured you guys would be in for it. Pretty darned cold though. We had a lovely weekend, but we’re cooling off and expecting rain every day for the next couple of weeks. Everything is in bloom, and so I hope it doesn’t beat the flowers to death.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this quilt come together, Sharon. Hope you got all that cleaning out of your system for a while. It's time to SEW!!! :o))