Saturday, May 18, 2019
Building a Log Cabin
With so much rain, it has been fun to build a log cabin indoors. Although I would LOVE a real log cabin. Ha - when I posted this set on my Facebook page, I noticed the block that was 'wrong'. I went thru every pile of groups of 10 to check how many were 'oopsies' for repair. Luckily it was just the one and it was easier to just make a new block.
I dug into my gifted plaids and wovens because these blocks needed to be up-sized and there wasn't enough of what was supplied. There has been an on-the-side discussion of the age of some of this fabric. Those pinks and blues have been reproduced several times with a little bit of degree variation. I have so many of the bubble gum pinks from so many decades with some not even 100% cottons.
As you can see, I didn't have enough of the blue/gray plaid so had to use a different one for the last 20 blocks - and that was all there was of that one! Now that all of the blocks are done, I will spend a day putting this into a flimsie and maybe even get the two borders on.
It took me a while to find where I stored my Tiny Tuesday blocks - I had to lay them all out to see where I was with these and what needed catching up on. I just need to make the new orange ones - although some of my yellow blocks are on the orange side. I really am lacking some colors and may have to treat myself to some FQ basics.
I think I will get my little blocks done up before I start back to building a log cabin.....