Friday, January 19, 2018

Whoop, Whoop Friday


I've come to the conclusion that  it is my camera as it now is getting tempermental about opening the lens or closing the lens.  As well as the pictures are just so dark no matter what adjustments I make.  BUT, I am happy to say that I am now half way thru the piles of dark/light squares for the Temecula Quilt Co snowball project.

I haven't snipped those flip corners yet and may just wait until I am ready to put the whole thing together.  Or I could just a have a moment that strikes and they are all snipped or I just finish off the rest of the squares.  One never knows once a project gets closer to a finish.

   
Such a shame a crappy photo as this is such a pretty shade of limey green.  I dug thru both large totes that hold my extra wide and large pieces of yardage for backings.  I think I bought this originally for my Leap Year quilt and then changed my mind.  It was big enough to be cut in two and used for my pink/green scrappy project with the other piece to use for the back of my guild donation quilt (yet to be made).

  
Moe has decided it will be a good day to keep an eye on what I am doing today.  As it has warmed a little bit  he did go out early and make a partial round of the property (checked all the bird feeders).  Now to cat nap and be out of the way of my quilting yet close enough to get an occassional scratch.

Off to quilt
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Sarah said...

You are making great progress on those snowball blocks. I'm sure Moe was thrilled to get out and check his 'hood - Z went out twice this morning but had no desire to stay out while I was at work all day. Good Boys! Give your snoopervisors a scritch for me!

kiwikid said...

Great progress with the snowball blocks...hope thatmeans the weather is easing a little for you if Moe ventured outside.

Nancy J said...

Moe, stay right there in all the action. Lime green, lovely colour. you are making a huge headway with the other blocks.

Cheryll said...

Great progress surely puts a smile on your face...
Hope the weather stays nice for Moe...xox

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Don't you love kitty company!

KatieQ said...

It looks as though you've made a lot of progress on your snowball blocks. I have to admit, when I first saw the picture, I thought it was a pretty pile of 9 patch blocks. Getting old stinks, I can't even trust my eyes anymore.