Friday, December 8, 2017

Whooping Friday


I was on a mission to get this scrappy project into two half flimsies so it could wait for the 'final' finish further down the month.  BUT, with one half done I had a helper who thought it was great fun to scatter my nicely laid out rows for the second half.  I need to 're-group' this, but for now it will be set aside as  I have other plans for the weekend.

 
With the baby spinach container now empty - I need to use it for a new long term project.  There is a new button on the sidebar - Temecula Quilt Co. - for a Snowball QAL.  That should tame the CW totes a bit.  Just so many Snowballs each weak until the end of February - doable.


The next clue is out for Bonnie Hunters's new mystery.  This next unit should chain thru the machine rather quickly; as well as I am doing half the number for a smaller quilt.


I've had this Timeless Treasures non-traditional Holiday fabric in my tote for a very long time.  Someone wanted to know if I had any bird table runners and something that was non-traditional - timing!  I am using the (which ever pattern or tutorial you use) 10 minute (or 30 minute) table runner pattern.  It's origin is the Iowa University - Cooperative Extension Division pattern, but so many have claimed it.

It's a sewing weekend,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

gayle said...

Whatever would we do without those fuzzy helpers? Mine's very favorite thing is helping me baste for quilting. Such a dear, tacking everything together with those sharp little claws...

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Bonnie's mystery sounds fun!! LOVE your birdie fabric set and sure do love when thimeing works out like that. SWEET!!

kiwikid said...

Love the bird fabric you have there..helpers are not always the best help are they 😆

Cheryll said...

It's nice to see the light at the end of the scrap tunnel isn't it. Better get busy making snowballs over the Xmas holidays.
Merry Christmas...xox

Sarah said...

Oh, naughty little Bella!! Love the bird fabric. I’m considering making the snowballs as well.…

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh funny, your quilt inspector must have thought the arrangement needed to be adjusted, LOL!! I like your non-traditional holiday fabrics.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I like your ORL fabrics, especially that bird fabric. Which method will you use to make the units for the latest clue?

KatieQ said...

Cardinals in the snow are such a sweet winter sight. The fabric will make a great table runner. We are getting the first snow of winter today. Hope it doesn't reach your house.

Lynette said...

Ugh! Love my fur friends so very much, but this morning my grandkitty was too "helpful" as well - kept insisting on sitting on the quilt right near the machine as I was trying to get some freemotion work done. Sorry you have to re-lay your blocks! Lovely colors in your spinach bin. :)

Sandy Panagos said...

Love, love, love non-traditional Christmas fabrics. Especially mint, turquoise, aqua, teal..............

Susie said...

Love the non traditional fabrics but still wonderful Christmas colours. I love the furr baby wanting attention!!!! Hugs, Susie x