Monday, December 18, 2017

Monday Making


There was a lot of stitching over the weekend.  I managed to get 75 of the 'wing' units finished for the next clue for 'On Ringo Lake' with Bonnie Hunter.  I am only making half the number of units for a smaller quilt, but I still need to make at least 25 more of these.  I am rumaging thru my barrel system for the blues and browns - use it up - so it take more time to get the pieces together than to actually sew them.  Be sure to see how others are progressing    HERE @ Quiltville


I got all my ducks - er, geese - in a row.  This quilt will be put away for a finish next year.  I am thinking a small inner border and than wide outer border to pull this all together.  I attached a note on it with this information, because you know me and borders.


The last blocks for the Patchwork Sampler with Moda are finished and I cut all the sashings and inner border strips.  This will be done at another time as with so much white, my furkids seem to gravitate to white!  I have to have a day when they have both tucked themselves away on the guest bed and stitch like a mad women to finish this one off.  I think I will have to shop for some yardage (Katherine Anne by Patrick Lose) for the outer border - after Christmas. 



Since I am digging thru my barrels for those few more blues, I thought it would be a good time to pull the Postage Stamp quilt in progress and get this one done today.



Here it is laid out for a better look.  I am making strips and then putting them into 10 rows of 40 squares (2").  Then I will sew those 10 row sections together.  I couldn't fit all the rows on this table, but I need only 5 more rows to pull this all together which will give me a 60" square flimsie.

** linking up with Design Wall Monday ** 

Monday Making with Beth is on hiatis, but she has a wonderful linky party for a Christmas Quilt Show.  I need to pull together a post and add it tomorrow.  Why not join in?  At leat be sure to go visit and see all the inspiration.

We were only 9 degrees this morning when I woke up; makes me wonder what the temp will be at noon for my temperature quilt hexie today.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Hey Sharon I need your last name for the QOV label. You can send it to me via frog2quilt@gmail.com. Thanks.

Your projects are looking awesome!!!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Everything is just Beautiful! I'm making a PS quilt too!

gayle said...

Wow! You got a lot done over the weekend! (I didn't even get near my sewing machine...)
Temps have been crazy lately, eh?

Vireya said...

By contrast with your temperatures, when I got up this morning our temperature was already into the orange range!
Your mystery units are looking good. And I like the way the values work in your geese quilt.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Your postage stamp quilt is pretty, isn't it great to use up so many scraps? I recognize some of your ORL browns as ones I'm using too.

Sarah said...

I’ve got my Ringo bits cut but nary a stitch on them this weekend as i was sewing gifts - made my farmer boss a tie of lettuce fabric (they picked the last batch a wek ago!). Worst directions in the world but great final product. I’m thrilled your geese are in a row!! I think our 6am temp was in the teens but the all important 1pm temp was 39. Geesh. Big difference!

Mónica said...

Your mystery units look great, and so also your other projects. I am in awe with your postage stamp quilt!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like the variety of fabric you have in the mystery quilt. Your other projects look great too - they look like they are near completion!

Vesuviusmama said...

It's good to catch up on your blog. Lots of scrappy loveliness going on here! I'm still on clue #3, wanting to start clue #4 but not wanting to get behind.

Kristi said...

Oooh! 9 degrees is cold! We are in the NW visiting family and we've had rain. Perhaps some snow tomorrow! Glad you are finishing up some projects! I finished my wings and sewed a top together today that was all ready to go. And then there are borders...I'm not a border gal either! I'm working on conquering that fear! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

I adore your scrappy geese quilt...gorgeous!

Daffycat said...

Your triangle units look great! Brrr! 9 degrees is crazy! In Oklahoma we’ve been having mostly warm temps and it finally got cold last night, just in time for the holidays! It just doesn’t feel like Christmas when it’s 70 degrees!