Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


I've added more frosty and dark blue scraps into the temperature quilt tote.  Soon I will be adding a few purples because we are COLD and going to get COLDER!!  We've had more snow and will get even more snow, but I'm not using anything special to notate at this point.  I do have some swirly, flake, star, snowy looking blues there though.

41 - 37 - 34 - 31 - 31 - 35 - 36


With the furkids tending to prefer to find a nice comfy, warm napping spot while in this cold spell - I might just get this project finished without extra help.  I am using the Temecula Quilt Co. Snowballs corner work as leader/enders while I do this.


I just have one last row of blocks to put together and add to that second half.  Then I can 'marry' the two flimsies into a finish.  It will have to go into the 'to be quilted' extra large tub to wait it's turn for quilting as there are others deserving a turn under the machine.

Once this is done, I have some serious re-organizing to do to straighten up my storage and work space with the Holiday getting closer.  I need to focus on one project at a time at this point just to get them further onto the next step.


And my dear friend, Sarah, over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict has come up with a fabulous idea for next year in getting control of our scraps.  Being a scrap quilter I don't want to use them up, but with so many donations that came in over the last couple of months I need to have a plan.  I just LOVE this idea and will be joining in.

Take time to play today,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

The blues have it this week, and purple in the future, Scraps are the order of the day.

Vireya said...

That's a chilly blue week!

Barbara said...

I so love your hexies. I like Sarah's idea too. We won't be home until March or April, so I'll have to join in a little late. It has me thinking though.

Ellie said...

Love that flimsy! That's going to be one great quilt. There's something so cozy about homespun. I like Sarah's idea. My scraps could certainly stand some taming! Lol!

MissPat said...

It was 14° this morning and the wind chill will be below zero later today. Snow on and off the last few days, but sunny at the moment.
I'll have to check out Sarah's idea.
Pat

Sarah said...

Your blues are very fitting as they give me the shivers - same and the cold and wind outside!! Love the flimsy top you are trying to get finished while your snoopervisors are otherwise occupied. I put the snowballs on my honey do list but with 3 current leader/ender projects, I think it's gonna be on that list for a very long time. Keep warm today!!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I'm thinking of joining the stash attach challenge too...will have to inventory my stash to see.