Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

I love having scraps and playing with scraps, but it got to a point of being over whelmed - so I shared some of my gifted and own pieces with our sewing ladies thru the weeks.  Things laid out on the long banquet table and come help yourself.  Oh, I could keep it - stuff the boxes, totes, shelves, BUT never to be used up or seen.  Sharing is more fun. 


I have plenty of scraps to play with, like my bits of CW fabrics that I have saved right to the smallest piece.  They are coming in handy with the Temecula Quilt Co Marvelous Minis.


Even my temperature rosettes are being made with scraps.  I chose to designate the eclipse in this weeks as it was a special event for the year.  76,73,74,77, 80,E,80


Someone asked to see how the Rolling Nines block looked set together, so I set them out.  The prints are from a FQ bundle, but I am using up some Kona White that was cut offs from a few quilts.


My smallest bits of throw aways from that snip bag - eight pineapples done and I need to make eight more.  These are paper pieced and 3.5" unfinished.  Todays project!!

Now go play,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

Your nod to the eclipse makes me smile, I wondered what that black one was doing there. Thanks for the rolling nine patch, it helps to see them together. I've admired those pineapples but I didn't realize they were so small, I love them even more.

Barbara said...

Oh, I totally love the eclipse hexi. What a fun little surprise when you finish your quilt. I once considered taking up beekeeping, and in my reading I recall this line: You'll start for the bees, you'll quit because of the honey. There's a lot of honey in beekeeping, and you need lots of friends to take some of it off your hands. It's kind of like that with quilting: You'll start for the quilting, you'll quit because of the scraps!

Linda Smith said...

33 pieces for each 3.5 inch pineapple. INSANE! but beautiful.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love all your scrappy blocks.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love seeing your scrap projects. especially your temecula mini. so so cute. those pineapples are adorable. I would never want to even try that small LOL

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Those little pineapple blocks are so adorable! I'm way behind on the Temecula blocks--yours is very sweet.

Suze said...

I love the recognition of the eclipse. I'm thinking about a temperature quilt for my son. He's an eagle scout and loves outdoors. I didn't know until recently that my 40 year old doesn't particularly care for red, so I can use lots of blues, grays and yellows - that should make a nice quilt for him since blue is his fav. Love your inspiration.

Sarah said...

Great fabric for the eclipse!! I'm looking for something to fussycut and applique onto my monday block.

Kate said...

Love your black hexie for the eclipse, very appropriate. You've gotten lots of stitching done. Very fun scrappy projects.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

3.5" unfinished! They are so small and beautiful!

Terry said...

Your pineapple blocks are fabulous! :0)