Sunday, August 13, 2017

Monday Making


I found another baggy of gifted triangle cut-offs.  I pulled a piece of Windham neutral that was a cut-off from a quilt backing.  I'm going to marry these.


The largest I can work with all of these is a 2.5" unfinished HST and make a bunch of Broken Dishes blocks.


Of course, I had some help with setting up this project.


I know a lot of people hate to work with HSTs, but I find them to be exciting - they make for some great movement in a pattern.  I pressed pairing seams open to eliminate bulk.



There's some reds, greens, blues, browns, and a bit of black prints.  I'll work as many blocks as my neutral (or prints) take me and then it will be thinking time on how to set all these blocks.

Do you start the week off with something new (made from old)?

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

5 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

I am starting to like HST and keep a container of cutoffs that I have sewn. then I will trim as I need them in a project. very fun

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fun to use up scraps, broken dishes is a great block.

Dana Gaffney said...

I love HST's as long as I'm making them in multiples not the old one at a time method. Bella looks like she likes them too.

Barbara said...

I don't mind the HST's if they aren't too small. When you can chain piece them they aren't any worst than any other shape. I do loves me some pinwheels. Your fabrics are so pretty.

Carla said...

I don't mind HST as long as their at least 4". LOL Me and those 2 1/2 darlings struggle. My hands are like all thumbs trying to line them up.
Pretty little helper you have there