Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Marching On





There was a lot of March Madness - busy, busy, busy.  And the weather was just as insane.  But the month is marching on.  I love how the fabric companies, pattern companies, and shops take up the March Madness theme, too.  We are a bit excited as my daughter's Alma Mater - Syracuse (GO 'CUSE) - has made the final four with both the men's and women's teams.

LETS SEE HOW I DID

 Dust Off Those Books

I managed to get my 'Let's Book It' project at least to the flimsie stage.  BUT that is OK as it is about using those forgotten resources.  Hopefully it will get quilted next month.

Slow Sunday Stitching


I've been good about keeping up with the '365' leap year circle quilt.  I have my next row of blocks prepped to take for some handwork while sitting at our guild's table at this weekend's show.


Sadly this didn't get finished as planned, but I am down to the last color floss for backstitching.  This will probably come along for the ride this weekend, too.



I did get two more blocks done on the 'found' kit.  This one might sit out next month - we shall see.


These did get squared up to 12.5" and the sashing/cornerstones cut and ready, but no sewing done on them.


As much as I have worked on trimming some of these shelves (and about 30 yards of fabric DID go out), I am re-stocked.  I bought the solids for specific projects and I have a local quilter who is de-stashing to me.  I have a lot of greens and I have been gifted with a lot of greens - hopefully next month's RSC16 color will be green as a certain color has to be used in a quilt.

Of course a lot of blocks were made, BOMs kept up with, and there were a few test quilts made.  Prep work for a class I am teaching next month and all ready to take on the first quilt show for the year.  I am ready for April.

** linking up with Whoop, Whoop Friday and '365' **
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your little projects . especially that little maple leaf. so cute

Dasha said...

Great bunch of projects. Always looks good when you line them up like that.

Dana Gaffney said...

That first picture of your shelves really shows how low you got, glad to see it all restocked.

Debbie said...

Good month of progress. Green.....it matches all the pollen haze that is covering everything here! It is just that time of year.

Mary said...

I'm delivering quilts to our 1st Spring Quilt Show today. Congrats on the finishing of your flimsy, BOM'S & BOW'S. I have one more day... once I get back home.

Mary said...

I'm delivering quilts to our 1st Spring Quilt Show today. Congrats on the finishing of your flimsy, BOM'S & BOW'S. I have one more day... once I get back home.

audrey said...

You're so good about keeping up with all the projects!:)

Kate said...

You had a really good month. Hope you got some time to stitch at the quilt show.

Quilter Kathy said...

So much going on over there... don't know how you keep up with it all!
Congrats on winning a ribbon at the quilt show! Very exciting!