Monday, March 28, 2016

Let's Book It - March 2016


Gosh - another month nearly gone by.  Remember, Let's Book It is about pulling those books, patterns, stored files, printed off 'have to make it' projects that have been neglected and gathering dust.  This was my inspiration for my March project.


There are a lot of quilts in this book I would love to make, but this one caught me eye.


I had a jelly roll from a sale at a LQS and grabbed some other handy fabrics from the shelf.  The instructions for piecing and pressing for ease of sewing were spot on.  This quilt could easily be done in a weekend.

 

And a plus,  I got another little quilt and dolly from the little corner cut-offs and left overs.


I had hoped to photo this outside today, but of course it had to by windy and rain.  So my usual crap inside photo has to do.  Hopefully this will get quilted next month and a decent outside, true to color photo can be done.

This month's charm is the scrap basket.

                           

Now it is your turn to link up:


11 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I love Scrap Basket Beauties. Looking forward to all the creativity shared this month.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Cheryll said...

Always a pleasure visiting your blog Sharon. Love the simple look to these little quilts. xox

Anonymous said...

wow beautiful Sharon,i am sorry i havent got anything this month xx

Debbie said...

Great project with bonus one too. I like the color palette you used on this one.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

That's a beautiful quilt and I look forward to seeing it finished!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love your dollies, and I'm not a doll person. I can finally enter. I actually finished 2 things in one post. I always forget to enter.

tink's mom said...

I like that quilt. Love the clean lines. Of course the doll and her quilt are just precious.

Dana Gaffney said...

The colors you picked are really beautiful in that quilt, I like it so much more than the one in the book.

Needled Mom said...

You did such a great job this month, Sharon. Beautiful.

Jeanna said...

Oh...very nice choice in fabrics. Love this one.

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Love the colors in this one and the dolly quilt.