Tuesday, October 6, 2015

UFO Challenge


Jo always has a Bonnie Hunter UFO Challenge to try and finish up one of those BH quilts before the new mystery comes out.  It just so happens that Val, also, has a UFO post up for the weekly theme.  This lozenges quilt was a BH leader/ender challenge project started in Feb 2014.


In November of 2014 I got it into a flimsy stage.  It was so bit that I couldn't photo the whole piece.

Now this thing didn't sit in a tote or on a shelf - it traveled as a flimsy;


and used either as a back drop for a display or


as a table topper for a display - traveled for a whole year!  So now is the time to get this UFO flimsy quilted - a finish!! I think it has earned the right to finally be  a quilt.

Why don't you pull a UFO out and finish it up.  Hey, you might have that Christmas gift almost done right in your closet, tote, or shelf.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

margaret said...

liking the shape of your blocks here, it will make a lovely quilt, I am guilty of having flimsies but that is because I have not got the quilting skills to finish them yet, large quilts are beyond me!! Have told myself no more try little things instead

sewyouquilt2 said...

I have one of these started too. mine is in greens and blues mostly
but mine is in blocks and no where near as finished
it will have to wait its turn till next Jan when the holiday projects are over

Dana Gaffney said...

Yep, it certainly has earned it's place under the needle, it can still travel even as a finished quilt.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I had planned to work on my lozenges at retreat, but I brought my box of 2" squares instead of 1.5"--good thing I have another retreat later this month! The dark corner units are all finished but I still need to do the light cornered lozenges--a long way to go until I get a flimsy!

Sheila said...

it will be a great finish and deserves to be under the needle :-) I have a few ufos that need attention , best get at it .

Jo said...

Yahoo...a finish is in site!!

Lesley said...

I love the idea of a travelling flimsy! So neat that it now has a history. Have fun quilting this one!

Kate said...

I remember that project. Looks like it's had a very active flimsy life and deserves to become a quilt.

Dasha said...

I had big ideas of making that quilt, but like many of my big ideas it never saw the light of day let alone got to flimsy stage. It looks lovely, so well done on getting it out to complete.

Vivian said...

I realized the same thing -- that Jo and Val's link ups were a perfect match! Your lozenges look good and look like their headed for a finish. Like the mysteries, I can never seem to get in gear on Bonnie's Leader/ender challenges either. Had hopes for this year's tumblers but alas they're also relegated to the "future" pile.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Prettypretty! I liked those lozenges, but never got around to making them. That may have to change--but, UFO first! :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

A year of travel as a flimsy....so fun!!! Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

Michele said...

I agree that it is time to finish that one up.