Monday, August 31, 2015

Wrapping It Up


I know you are all thinking the same thing - where has the year gone?  It just seems to be flying by so quickly.  The Summer is over and Fall is here.  And yes my Aussie friends, I know you are looking forward to coming out of the opposite seasons.

My goals for August were pretty light and I will stay the same for September as I have a really booked month.


My Let's Book It project was completed and I will pull something small for next month.  I'll be honest - I haven't even looked into that yet, but once I find the perfect project, I will show it.


I used dark purples and blacks for the 'Indigo' color for RSC15.  September's color is Orange and I did pick up some orange FQs in one of my little trips as I don't do orange.

Slow Sunday Stitching

I finished up a lot of bindings using Slow Sunday Stitching.  I will be doing more hand quilting demonstrations in September - maybe I'll get that quilt finished with all it's travels.


The Postage Stamp baby quilt - Catalicious quilt in time for Pets on Quilts - the Princess quilt - and my guild sampler (BOM Challenge) really is finished and I will show that once it has been presented at our first meeting of the new session

There are my block play and a few QALs that I want to keep up with, but those are on the possible sidelines for the month.  I will be taking part in the Halloween Haunts Hop, so I have to finish those things up.  AND my one free weekend I am making another visit to the grands!  Yes, I am taking my sewing kit as I have some stuffies and blankies to mend.

I'm looking foreward to watching the seasons change, breath in and taste the harvests of the new season, and relish the new colors of Fall.
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

13 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

fall is my favorite season. the only problem with Fall is that Winter is not far behind. LOL nice finishes and yes looking forward to some Fall colors

Michele said...

You certainly accomplished a bunch during your "slow" month. Enjoy the season change and keep your fingers crossed that our winter won't be as bad as they are predicting.

Joanna said...

Beautiful finishes; the baby postage stamp quilt is super and I bet the princess quilt is going to some little one's joy. There's so much about autumn to love; I hope we have a nice one.

Debbie said...

Good finishes....love the postage stamp quilt. Your calendar sounds full so I like that you are over committing. Good example to follow!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm waiting not too patiently for fall, but we have a way to go before that first coolness shows up. Thanks for the link to the Halloween Hop, I'll be watching for that one, it sounds fun.

sunny said...

I also love fall, but then it means winter is coming. Winter I don't love so much. It's good that you know your schedule and make your goals realistic. Lots of great projects finished!

Sheila said...

Congratulations on some beautiful finishes. Difficult to believe how fast the year is slipping away. It's been a less stressful year for me because I kept it simple as your "Keeping it Simple" button suggested. Thank you, dear.

Calicojoan said...

Hard to believe that August is gone and fall is right around the corner. You have made great use of your summer. Always an inspiration! ;-)

Barbara said...

You accomplished a lot! Good job.

Needled Mom said...

You had a great month. I LOVE the fabrics in that geese piece. Stunning colors.

Quilter Kathy said...

You sure have been prolific... great finishes!

Sarah Craig said...

You did accomplish a lot! Love the postage stamp especially. Great finishes and I can't wait to see what you do in September!

Kate said...

You had a really good end of the season in terms of finishes. I'm not ready for summer to be over, but the promise of cooler temps is definitely tempting us to want fall to be here.