Thursday, August 27, 2015

Time to Vote


First I wanted to thank you all for the advice to skip the house work and make something new.  I did do some house work, but not something new.  BUT, I did pull those scrap W/B log cabin blocks and set to work putting them into a quilt top.  I have to think on border(s) which it does need as it is too small as is - and NO, more blocks can't be added to please my no borders policy as these were scraps and they are gone.


I then went into my tub of flimsies to see what else could be prepped to hand off to the long armer.  See, she loves camo color quilts.  I have three backs (2 extra wides and one I pieced) ready and matched with their respective quilt and batt cut to size.  There is just one BIG quilt and one small quilt left in the tub now.


Moe!  Hey Moe!!  Well, he is going to be no help in announcing that it is time...


... to vote over at LilyPad Quilting for the Pets On Quilts Show.  Even if you didn't participate with a pet or pet themed quilt, you can earn some entries for random prizes for commenting on all the entries and other things, too.  Jacque has it all explained so nicely, so hop on over.  AND be sure to vote!   

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Are your kitties in for the vote?

Needled Mom said...

I love that log cabin in those colors. Your longarmer must love having your tops to play with.

Melody said...

Love your log cabin and I always adore Pets on Quilts

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,love your quilts and Moe has gotten my vote,have a wonderful day my friend xx

Michele said...

I like the log cabin scraps top and best of luck to the furbies in the voting.

Lesley said...

I love that you followed the advice and skipped the housework! Your log cabin is so beautiful!

Dana Gaffney said...

The log cabin looks great, the red really pops so nicely. Moe knows he's handsome and probably feels like he's already won.

Debbie said...

Love the strong log cabin blocks.....use my recipe for the borders and quit stressing. Add 1 to 1/12'' strip in the accent color---red. Then use up any chunks of leftover....or another piece of dark that blends with the logs. Join the ends of the border pieces and insert any leftover strips/squares to pull the design together. call it done! Off to vote..

Sheila said...

Beautiful log cabin quilt and I like the bowtie quilt as well , I see your little helper is guarding the stash :-)

CATHY DANIEL said...

Both quilts look really lovely. I can see which one your cat prefers though! Thanks for sharing them. xCathy

legato1958 said...

I love your log cabin quilt top! The red in the centers is just right! And I love seeing your helpers! Moe makes me laugh, squishing into your box of flimsies!
Lovely giveaway layer cake, too!
Susie

Joanna said...

I love your log cabin; one of my favorite blocks. Bella's quilt looks pretty; I'd like to see that one when it's quilted.

Kate said...

Your scrappy log cabin turned out beautifully!