Monday, September 1, 2014

Tuesday Archives - Flannel & Fussy Cutting

Val's Quilting Studio

I can't wait to see what is linked up this week over at Val's Quilting Studio.  I love flannel whether mixed with some homespuns for a quilt top or for a cozy backing.  And fussy cutting - you can have so much fun with this.  If you haven't tried it, go visit the link ups for some inspiration to get your juices flowing.


FLANNEL


One of the letters in my flannel Alphabet quilt that can be found on THIS POST.  I hate to say that this quilt has yet to be finished.  Maybe that will be my Something Old for next month.

FUSSY CUTTING


I went back to THIS POST for my Christmas wallhanging.  Lots of fussy cutting for the house doors and windows and trims.

And since we are heading into Fall - just as cozy as flannel quilts is pulling out that crockpot.  Wonderful smells thru the house, teasing your tummy, and great meals.
  


Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 
2 tablespoons butter 
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup 
1 onion, finely diced 
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces 

Directions

Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

Options: for a full meal, add some veggies.  I find the chicken and the soup add enough salt, but you could add your favorite seasonings.

So fill that crockpot, go enjoy those flannels and fussy's - and then sew your inspiration away!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Sweet wall hanging : )
Yummy crock pot recipe! 94 degrees here today. Not many more of these hot days left in NC. I'll keep this one in mind for when our temperatures cool down a bit.

Mary Huey said...

thanks for sharing the recipe -- I can almost smell it!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Now I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Visiting from Val's Linky. I sure get the "not done" thing with quilts. Some just seem to take forever. Love your house block.

Sheila said...

I love flannels and I love cooking in the crock pot :-) thanks for the recipe .

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I went over and checked out your flannel ABS's....kinda inspired to make one for my classroom!!

BarbCarol said...

As I sit here with a box of Kleenex, camomile tea and Benadryl, the chicken and dumplings look wonderful. 95 degrees today with heat index over 100 and I have a summer cold! Think I will just read blogs all day.