Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Handmade Christmas Challenge - September

2014 Christmas Handmade Pledge


Have you started your Christmas gift making yet?  It is getting closer, so why stress out at the last minute and start now and join in SewCalGal with the fun.


This month I made a few tea wallets using THIS TUTORIAL.  These work up so quickly, use up some of those scraps, and can be personalized for each recipient.  I bought a pack of 50 colorful hair/pony tail elastics in the dollar store to use for my button fasteners.  Some special tea mixes to be added will make a nice little gift for each of my family's tea drinkers who like to carry these when dining out.

That pressie box is getting fuller!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Excellent tutorial. Thanks for the link. Your's are cute, Sharon.
Still working through my UFOs and WIPs. Some may be gifts. Making Teeny Tiny Zipper Purses, hot pads, knitted and crocheted dish cloths, too. Hope to work in some mug rugs. Those are always a hit.

Christine M said...

What a great idea using the hair ties is Sharon. Lovely little tea wallets.

sewyouquilt2 said...

cute tea wallets. I too am working on my present box. I have some pillowcases and knitted dishcloths so far.

tink's mom said...

Thanks for the link. The heck with presents, I want one for me. I will probably make a few as presents for others. Great idea.

Needled Mom said...

I guess I am in eternal denial that Christmas is coming. Thanks for the link, Sharon.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute Sharon and gosh......Christmas isn't that far away!!