Monday, July 28, 2014

Let's Book It July Link Up


I hope you are being encouraged to dust off those books, magazines, patterns, and net downloads.  We have that long list of 'I want to make' and then let it sit - or add to it.  Me list had a dog mini for my Vet on it so I pulled out this book and wanted to use the cover quilt - modified.



I went to my scrap basket and pulled 'doggy' items and fun prints - we want our pets to have fun at the Vet's office right?  Luckily mine only take their annual trek and that is always a fun trip!  (shhh - Moe cries like a baby the whole time)  See, I had to take those Santa hats off - a minor adjustment to the pattern.



Here's the finished quilt.  I wanted it fun and fresh.  I tried beads and buttons and other embellishments for the dog's faces, but in the end I decided to stay with just the plain setting.  The day I delivered it, she was in surgery, but she called later to thank me.  Have you ever made a little something to thank someone who supplies you with a service?

July's Barn Pin and Charm (jewel box)

QuiltBarnCharmHolder.jpg.jpg

Now it's your turn to link up - linky open until next Aug. 4th (10pm EST)


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Needled Mom said...

What a great gift!!! It is perfect for a vet office.

Anonymous said...

It's an awesome gift Sharon,as usual your work is awesome,hope you have a lovely day my friend.xx

Sheila said...

What a wonderful gift for the vet , I bet it was loved !

Dana Gaffney said...

That's adorable Sharon, I love the colorful bones fabric.

Kat Scribner said...

That is so cute. I cant believe another month has gone by!! I so want to do this challenge. I have a 5 shelf bookcase, FULL. I had so much commitments this month. Here's to the August challenge! lol

Rebecca in AK said...

Your doggie quilt turned out so cute!! A great gift for your vet! I have not made a quilt for someone who does a service, I did make one though for a friend that gave me her serger.

Lesley said...

What a sweet quilt to make for your vet...a lovely gesture!

Michele said...

Your dog quilt is adorable :-)

Sue Daurio said...

Oh goodness, those dog blocks with bone material is seriously adorable!!

Kate said...

Very fun doggy quilt! It's no wonder the vet loved it, it's bright and colorful.

I've been enjoying the challenge. I just wish I sewed faster, so I could switch my challenge subject a bit more frequently.

Michele said...

So cute. I'm sure your vet was thrilled to receive it.

Dasha said...

What a sweet idea to give your vet a gift! And such an appropriate one to give too. It has turned out very cute.

Cath said...

That is a gorgeous quilt for the vet Sharon. My old dog, a huge golden retriever, used to insist on sitting on my lap whenever we went to the vet. Very squashy on those little reception chairs.