Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Season By Hand


Have you been following along with Clover & Violet's summer series? Well now is the time to show off what you have been hand working on this summer - and they have some terrific prizes!   Stop over and take a look at all the wonderful summer projects that were made.


I had several incentives to finish this cross stitch piece - A Season by Hand, Christmas QAL/Challenge, and the HoHoHo Blog Hop.  I love this winter scene of the Stone House Farm - reminds me of the verse - "Over the River and Thru the Woods, to Grandmother's House we Go' - and looks much like one of our family's old farmsteads.

I fabric framed it with the 'flip and sew' method (My fabric framing tutorial for cross stitch can be found HERE at SewWeQuilt ). I used a little hand quilting within the piece to hold it, and hand binding just like a quilt.  The cross stitch is 5.5" x 17" and with the fabric framing it came to a finished size of 10" x 21".

Please visit all the entrants HERE

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

beth said...

It's beautiful!

QuiltSue said...

Sharon that is just beautiful.

Joanna said...

Beautiful scene and lovely stitching.

Karen M said...

I love your cross stich. It is beautiful. You are multi-talented.

Michele said...

What a beautiful Christmas scene! Lovely Sharon :-)

Sue Daurio said...

Nobody does cross stitch like you, that is just beautiful!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It is wonderful Sharon. So many stitches.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh my...how gorgeous! I know that was a ton of work doing all those stitches. It looks lovely.
xx

Belinda said...

It's really very lovely and a work of art. I know how much work must have gone into that and you should be very proud of it!!

Quiltsmiles said...

Beautiful finsh and your piece is so elegant with all those details evident, thanks for sharing. Jane