Sunday, May 15, 2022

Monday Making

 


I went amiss again!  Several family and personal things came up that had to be taken care of.  Family is always first.  I have been working slowly on my project for the FOODIE hop coming up - so  secret sewing.  It helps to have things prepped by the machine to grab those few minutes.  It will be finished.



I had a few meeting in the mix as well.  The Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame finally had an in-person meeting in over 2 years.  One of the members brought four old quilt tops.  She was going to pass them all to me, but I said - Hold them up and lets share.  I came home with this one.  Very different from anything in my collection.  I know this as "the Teasure Box' but I'm sure this block is known by other names.

In less than a week, we went from almost freezing and a snow storm to horrid heat and dry.  The flower beds got worked on a little here and there as well as the first mowing of the lawn  OR I should say acreage as there is a lot to mow here.  We are to have three days of storms, so I hope to get more stitching time in.

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon 


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Changeable weather down here too, last week a really freezing day or two, then hot, now raining and warm again. How generous to give her quilts, love those warm colours.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We both got a new, vintage quilt top at our guild meetings last week. Nice quilt top. I hope your family stuff it getting better.