Sunday, September 19, 2021

Falling For You Blog Hop

 


I would like to first thank Joan of Moosse Stash Quilting for hosting this Hop.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  The brilliant change of colors, the fruits and veggies of the season, the smells, and the cooler temps.

This hop was perfect to push a finish on a quilt top that I made during Carol's "Autumn Jubilee" quilt along last year.  She is hosting another Jubilee all October and you can read about it HERE



A fun row quilt of Fall inspired blocks.  To compliment it I added a patch work of green wovens for the outer border and just quilted with a large open meander in a thread called "Corn Silk".  Hey, they are harvesting the feed corn now in our valley - so it seemed appropriate.




My favorite blocks were the fussy cut for the stars and scrappy clean up for the points.




I had this rust, orange backing in my stash for many years (Connecting Threads 'Heritage Bouguet') and glad I found a quilt to use it with.  I used it for the binding, too - a little more orange to round it out.

Please be sure to visit all the folks contributing to this hop:

Monday September 20

Creatin' in the Sticks

Samelias Mum

Quilting Gail

Vroomans Quilts

Quilt Schmilt

Tuesday September 21

Just Let Me Quilt

Just Sew Quilter

Days filled with Joy

Kathy’s Kwilts and More 

The Morning Latte

Wednesday September 22

s

 Thursday September 23

Karrins Crazy World

Words and Stitches

Patchouli Moon Studio

Karen’s Korner

That Fabric Feeling

Scrapdash

 Friday September 24

QuiltFabrication

Ms P Designs USA

Lianne Makes Stuff

Quilted Delights

MooseStashQuilting

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon

26 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

You have captured Fall beautifully in that lovely quilt.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's a beautiful quilt. What a fabulous finish and right on time for your cooler weather.

Inflorescencedesigns said...

What a lovely quilt! Thank you for sharing.

Rebecca Smith said...

I love your quilt!

Carla said...

It's so fun when a blog hop comes along to help us get projects finished. It's beautiful!

Calicojoan said...

What a perfect project to finish up this time of the year. I love when "From My Carolina Home" has her quilt alongs! The colors you choose are gorgeous. After seeing your quilt, I need to find my patterns and get busy myself! Thanks for the inspiration.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up your Autumn Jubilee quilt in time for the Hop, Sharon. It turned out great!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilt, and congratulations on the finish! Autumn is my favorite time of year too. I love the colors, and my birthday is in Autumn too! Thanks so much for sharing!

Quilting Gail said...

Great quilt!!! Thank you for sharing!

Carol Swift said...

I love all the fall symbols in the rows and your fabrics look lovely with it! I love all the veggies that come out in fall, too. Thank you for sharing!

Lianne makes stuff said...

Beautiful quilt with beautiful colours everywhere

LJ said...

So pretty. Loved the fabric you used in the center of the star - gorgeous.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

That turned out just beautifully! xx

Carol said...

Beautiful quilt! Perfect finish for this time of year!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

What a fun Fall quilt!

Leah said...

This is a fun quilt. I love the row of pumpkins in different shades of orange.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Pretty quilt and love the finish it up! I need to do that with some fall and seasonal pieces.

tink's mom said...

What a great quilt for fall and perfect for this hop. The fussy cut centers to the stars is a wonderful idea.

Sharon said...

Your quilt is lovely for fall! Great selection of autumn fabrics too. Thanks for sharing!

beaquilter said...

great quilt!

Danice G said...

Very pretty quilt. I love the fussy cut blocks so much.

Susan said...

Great fall quilt!

Carla said...

Lovely fall quilt. Thanks for sharing

Carol Andrews said...

Perfect fall quilt. Wonder what Carol has in store this year?

Nippon Alloys Inc said...

Great Blog with an excellent idea! Thanks for sharing your Blog.
You can also visit - Round Bar Manufacturer in India

Tirox Steel said...

Great Blog with an excellent idea! Thanks for sharing your Blog.
You can also visit - Alloy Steel Pipes & Tubes Manufacturer in India