Saturday, February 27, 2021

RSC21 - February Yellow

 


I decided to add another block to the 'rainbow' play.  I've done the Carolina Chain in Civil War fabrics so playing with a different mix with this easy block.  I have a tote full of muslin strips - cut offs from backings - that need using up and pulling my brighter colors.


And the next batch of miniatures for the guild President's Challenge.  The smaller blocks are copies of the members blocks - or variations of.  I got some yellows and pinks in this mix.  I really need to get some purple in the next group.


 This month's full moon is the Snow Moon - called thus as February is the snowiest month.  At it's fullest it will have Mars off to the right looking like there are two moons.  I'm not braving the cold to catch that at around 3am.  I just hope it doesnt attract more snow as I am so over Winter.

Sewingly Yours,

Sharon 

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super scrap sewing and a Snow Moon, too? LOVE those YELLOW blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks Sharon.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We saw the snow moon last night. Yes, most of us are tired of snow. Ours is melting very slowly. Nice blocks, both the RSC and the mini house blocks.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Ready for spring here too!!

Kate said...

You've got some fun RSC blocks in the works for this year. Your challenge blocks are looking good too. My Guy was telling me about the snow moon this week. I'm with you, I'm over the snow and ready for some green up.

MissPat said...

Lots of fun little blocks being made from your scraps. Since some of our biggest snow and or ice storms have happened in March, I know the potential for more snow is still likely. We do have grass peeking through in places, though.
Pat