Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Scrappy Wednesday


This is my scrappy inspiration - I think I tore this out of a Quilter's World magazine????  Well some magazine, with the hopes to use it to manage some of my Civil War fabrics.  These are obviously 4" blocks, but believe it or not - I am going with 8".  I love tiny, but the goal is to eat up those fabrics and a larger block will do that.


I have just a few more ladder blocks to make and all the pieces have been cut.  I'm keeping these all red/green so I don't have to play around with setting and trying to keep same color blocks touching.


All of the 'color' parts are cut for the star blocks and now I have to cut the shirtings.  I made a 'dent' in my Civil War prints and I should clear out a lot of the smaller pieces of shirting before I cut into some of the yardage.

Its to be a rainy day and my only interruption is taking Bella a mile up the road to the Vet for her annual check up and shots.  Even the veteranary is isolating.  I have to call from the parking lot and they will come out and get her, and then deliver her back to me in the lot.  Bella is a very nervous cat, so it will be interesting to see how she handles this.

Stay Safe and Healthy,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

13 comments:

sue s said...

This should be really pretty when done!

Julierose said...

I think this is a lovely pattern,,,like your color choices--will be looking forward to seeing it ~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great way to use up some stash. We are supposed to get rain staring tonight and lasting a couple of days, so I'll be getting busy on the next Vintage Christmas blocks next.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be a gorgeous quilt when you are done with it!!

Barbara said...

Oh, poor Bella. She’s going to have a bad day. I love that quilt. It’s a very striking pattern. I’m looking forward to seeing yours come together.

Calicojoan said...

I love saving photos from magazines. This is going to be a beauty when your done.

Marie said...

What a beautiful inspiration! This will be a beauty.

kiwikid said...

That is a stunning quilt. Good luck with Bella.

loulee said...

Wow, that project will keep you busy for a while.
Hope Bella is not too put out by her visit to the vets.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Poor Bella. Hope she does ok. Love this quilt.

MissPat said...

I foresee you getting the cold shoulder for a few days after the vet visit. Good luck reducing the amount of scraps. I seem only to make more. It was snowing here about an hour ago.
Pat

sunny said...

The pattern is actually for 3" blocks! I made mine 6" and I absolutely love it. It's from a book called Beyone the Battlefield.

QuiltGranma said...

Beautiful inspiration quilt! Looking forward to seeing yours as well.